Typhon New Typhon 3S - Updated ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaker441

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just received a Typhon 3S after a long wait on backorder. First pack was great and I love this buggy! One thing I though I’d share is the updated BLX 100 ESC. The version I received has an IC5 and not an EC5. Also, there is a two capacitor in-line cap on the power lead. I assume this is an upgrade over the old? The cap is bulky and a little bit in the way while putting the body on the buggy...

Other than that it appears the same. Glad to have the Tactic radio instead of the Spektrum.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 3A3AA6E0-D25B-483E-B6B2-BF86823C2415.jpeg
    3A3AA6E0-D25B-483E-B6B2-BF86823C2415.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 119
Just received a Typhon 3S after a long wait on backorder. First pack was great and I love this buggy! One thing I though I’d share is the updated BLX 100 ESC. The version I received has an IC5 and not an EC5. Also, there is a two capacitor in-line cap on the power lead. I assume this is an upgrade over the old? The cap is bulky and a little bit in the way while putting the body on the buggy...

Other than that it appears the same. Glad to have the Tactic radio instead of the Spektrum.

Cheers!
Good to know it comes with a Tactic radio still.

I was just about to post the same thing. Received a replacement ESC for my Granite last week and noticed it was different when I put it on tonight. There is a lot more wire than there used to be. Hopefully this ESC will last. It’s my third for the truck since purchasing in October.

One thing I though I’d share is the updated BLX 100 ESC. The version I received has an IC5 and not an EC5. Also, there is a two capacitor in-line cap on the power lead.

Hi beaker,
Interesting here...
ESC update? Humm... I am looking for BLX 120 for our 2 BLX serie.
Thanks for sharing
PL

I wonder if your Typhon was a slight update on the last of the 2018's, or if this is the new version we are all getting for 2019. If this is in fact the new version, it's pretty surprising that Arrma is keeping the Tactic system for the cheaper cars, while the 6s gets the &^%$ spectrum lol.

It's probably just the picture, but the toe looks way out, both front and rear.;)

I just received a replacement BLX100 for my BRCC and it is the same as the one in your Typhon, with the IC5 connector and the 2 in-line capacitors.

Do the 2 capacitors do anything for the cogging on 2S at startup? For those unaware, If you go full throttle from a dead start does it take off Immediately or does it seen to take a second to wind up? Also can it start in tall grass or does it just "hunt" for rotor position and never kick in? I'm curious if this is intended to fix that behavior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back