Typhon New Typhon 6S one run then fast blinking red LED on ESC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastrak5150

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Took it out and things were ripping! Very impressed coming from nitro. I was taking it very easy short pulls nothing crazy etc. Puled it up close to me and BAM no throttle no steering ?!? I’m like maybe the battery is dead…Nope, now nothing, no throttle, no steering, nothing!
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’ve tried all the red blinking death tricks on YouTube lol

Fast flashing red is the LVC kicking in. What happens when you try turning the ESC on with a fully charged battery (and all cells are good on IR and balanced etc). Does it turn on at all? Flashing lights? Etc.

Try unplugging the servo and turning the rig on to see if that gives you throttle.

Fast flashing red is the LVC kicking in. What happens when you try turning the ESC on with a fully charged battery (and all cells are good on IR and balanced etc). Does it turn on at all? Flashing lights? Etc.

Try unplugging the servo and turning the rig on to see if that gives you throttle.
I checked the battery when this happened and all cells were around 3.9? Should this be activating the LVC?

A very rapid flashing (3 maybe 5+ flashes per second) means radio signal loss. Rebind the receiver following the manual if this is happening

If it's a solid LED blink (around 1 flash every second or so), it's LVC cut-off. A Firma 150A ESC cuts off for me at around 3.4v per cell - but after leaving the lipos to recuperate and cool down they measure at around 3.6v each. Which lipos are you using, and what is their spec (mAh, C rating, 3S, 4S or 6S)?

With tall gearing or old lipos, you can get voltage sag, where under high draw LVC kicks despite having a fully charged pack. I doubt this is happening though

Last edited:
Crap batteries will also sag badly and drop below LVC and trigger it.

Ended up being the receiver that went out....odd
They said possibly the steering servo back flowed causing this?? I guess the servos that come in them are crap??

They said possibly the steering servo back flowed causing this?? I guess the servos that come in them are crap??

Yeah, the servo dying and killing the receiver and even ESC is not unheard of, dare I say its not even that uncommon, or at least more than it should be. A lot of us run the Amazon DS3235KG or DS3225KG servos. They are better than stock, cheap as nails so if it breaks from bashing its no big deal, and donnt murder the rest of the electronics.

You think the stocker servo's are crap???????:ROFLMAO:
If it was LVC, you would have still had Steering, just no Throttle.
Toss that crappy RTR servo real quick. They have fried out many ESCs and Rx's.
Even a Cheap DS3235 AMZ 35kg servo will run leaps and bounds better. At default 6v. ESC BEC will give you roughly 32 kg torque. Which is still double the stocker servo torque.

Thanks guys, I had no idea these could fry s**t like that! pretty lame.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I had no idea these could fry poop like that! pretty lame.
You may be able to claim the receiver and the servo back under warranty! The servo definitely won't be worth the time on it's own, but the SR315 receivers are actually pretty decent and are at around £35 (~$45)

You may be able to claim the receiver and the servo back under warranty! The servo definitely won't be worth the time on it's own, but the SR315 receivers are actually pretty decent and are at around £35 (~$45)
Well I bought it on amazon so I just warrantied the whole car:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: had one sent out next day no cost lol. I will most likely sway the servo before I run this one. Thanks again for all the help!

Interesting that the Typhon RTR servo , S652, is only rated to 7.2volts.
Coud be splitting hairs, but maybe that's why they fail. Since Spektrum stocker ESC BEC is 7.4 out the box.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...5032210079853&utm_content=Proprietary_Desktop

I feel Spektrum gear can be mismatched at times in RTR out the box configs. Sometimes.:unsure:
I don't trust them.;)

Maybe. I run 7.2V max servos often cause it's close enough, and never had one fail so critically like a S652 though. Granted, that's completely anecdotal

Spektrum servos definitely have their issues, and would have been my first guess as well.
Receivers on the other hand have been solid, and a bad servo can't break a receiver. Take it with a grain of salt, there is always the odd one out.
Yes, this would be covered under warranty.

How did you determine it was the receiver?

Spektrum servos definitely have their issues, and would have been my first guess as well.
Receivers on the other hand have been solid, and a bad servo can't break a receiver. Take it with a grain of salt, there is always the odd one out.
Yes, this would be covered under warranty.

How did you determine it was the receiver?
Took it to the local hobby store and they helped trouble shoot it. They had an extra receiver laying around dropped it in and bam started working.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back