Typhon New Typhon 6S v4 owner with some questions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey all, I've just come back to RC buggies after 20 years away (ex 1/8 scale nitro inferno) and new to electric buggies... so go easy on me. Lots to learn..

I've just picked up a lightly used 2nd hand 6s typhon at a good price that has had a few mild mods done, one being a 20t or 21t pinion gear.

What top end will these gear pinions give me and what is the best gearing to use for an aprox 45-50mph top speed?

I'm not interested in speed runs, more interested in having excessive power/acceleration for treating the large-ish local bmx course as a rally course.

Thanks

Hey all, I've just come back to RC buggies after 20 years away (ex 1/8 scale nitro inferno) and new to electric buggies... so go easy on me. Lots to learn..

I've just picked up a lightly used 2nd hand 6s typhon at a good price that has had a few mild mods done, one being a 20t or 21t pinion gear.

What top end will these gear pinions give me and what is the best gearing to use for an aprox 45-50mph top speed?

I'm not interested in speed runs, more interested in having excessive power/acceleration for treating the large-ish local bmx course as a rally course.

Thanks

Didnt the seller include the "speed-sheet"?

Id say.. To keep it 45/50mph.. Change the pinion back to the stock one.. Did seller include it? And run it on 6s.. And youre in about were you want to be..

Didnt the seller include the "speed-sheet"?

Id say.. To keep it 45/50mph.. Change the pinion back to the stock one.. Did seller include it? And run it on 6s.. And youre in about were you want to be..

Hi Mike, no speed sheet included but I've just found the optional 16t pinion in the box... the standard 14t isnt there so I might just have to purchase one.

I'll google for the speed sheet, thanks for your help..

Hi Mike, no speed sheet included but I've just found the optional 16t pinion in the box... the standard 14t isnt there so I might just have to purchase one.

I'll google for the speed sheet, thanks for your help..

Between the V3 and V4 Arrma changed pinions.. To get more top speed.. I own a V3 myself.. So i don't know if that 16t you have is either the stock or the speed pinion..

Between the V3 and V4 Arrma changed pinions.. To get more top speed.. I own a V3 myself.. So i don't know if that 16t you have is either the stock or the speed pinion..

Pretty sure the 16t is the speed pinion, iirc the stock is a 14t for the v4... but I could be wrong.

Im still running the stock pinion on my V3.. Just went to check.. And my V3 runs a 14t stock

I've just counted the stock pinion teeth on a 2019 Typhon v4 looking at a Youtube diff change video, its definately 14t also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back