New Typhon 6S V5 - race upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxShark71

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey all, new Typhon owner here. I am going to try my hand at racing her instead of getting a different car. I am going to race off road clay and was wondering what are some things I should do to get her ready for the track. I currently have 2 3s Spektrum 5000mAh batteries. Nothing else other than what came in the box. Not a ton of stuff out there to get her race ready. I would appreciate all the help.

I’m doing the same thing with my 3s typhon. I would suggest lowering the buggy to around 27-29mm skid plate to track surface, get some proper racing rubber for the dirt you’ll be racing and get as much practice time turning smooth laps as you can. Nothing beats track time for getting faster imo. good luck

Use a higher cst shock oil and lower ride height. I’d start there. Maybe diff oil.
What oil weight and brand would you recommend?
I’m doing the same thing with my 3s typhon. I would suggest lowering the buggy to around 27-29mm skid plate to track surface, get some proper racing rubber for the dirt you’ll be racing and get as much practice time turning smooth laps as you can. Nothing beats track time for getting faster imo. good luck
How would you suggest lowering it?
What about the spektrum radio that comes with it? Would it be worth it to get a new transmitter?

What oil weight and brand would you recommend?

How would you suggest lowering it?
What about the spektrum radio that comes with it? Would it be worth it to get a new transmitter?
I run 610cst front and rear with the 1.2mm pistons. Lowering just requires turning the spring collar like any other coilover. The slt3 radio is fine for what you want to do. If you aren’t getting way out there to do speed runs, the range is sufficient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back