Typhon New Typhon Mega - ESC constantly beeps under throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to AF.
Make sure the ESC is in fact set to Nimpack mode. And that the nimpack is fully charged. Check it with a Volt meter to make sure.
That aside looks like a defect for sure.:(
Call or email HH support to replace the ESC, with receipt in hand. (2 year warranty) Or return to the LHS where purchased. Dealing direct with HH is much faster. LHS's usually adds a layer of time. Swapping out the ESC is easy enough. Manual in hand to check the ESC setup.
The beeping is NOT normal and yes would be annoying to me also.(n)
Get back with any further details.
Good luck.

Thanks SrC, I confirmed the jumper was fully seated and set to NiMh, and the pack is reading 9.3V with a multimeter. Glad to know this isn't normal!

I'll reach out to Horizon Hobby and hopefully they can send out a new ESC.

Update: Horizon Hobby/Arrma support was great and they sent me out a replacement ESC. However, I installed it and it's doing the exact same thing. At this point I'm thinking these Mega ESCs are just really noisy, unless anyone has any another ideas?

Sounds like a brushed system to me. Also the esc doesn't emit any sounds, the sound is coming from the motor.

Brushes create mechanical and electrical noise due to friction against the commutator, as well as arcing caused by current conducting through the brush and commutator.

For some reason neither my SCX10 nor my SCX24 make these noises. 🤷‍♂️

You can sort of hear it in this video too.

You can also hear that noise here. If you listen closely you can hear it behind the transmission noise.

Last edited:
It’s for my four year old; I wanted the biggest and slowest hobby-grade RC I could find.
That's understandable but the brushed Megas just don't last and are not reliable at all. A lot of people end up spending more than the cost of the brushless model to upgrade the Mega. If possible, return the Typhon Mega and get the Typhon BLX 4x4. The BLX model has a 50-75-100 throttle limiter on the transmitter which turns the power down to 50% or 75%. Plus if you run it on a 2s Lipo it will also be slower. You will be much happier goin this route and it leaves room for your 4 year old to grow with the RC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back