Typhon New Typhon scale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
The webpage for the new 3s has differing specs.

In one image it says the "new 1/10 scale" buggy but in the specs it lists it as 1/8 scale. Should be 1/10 scale in the specs shouldn't it?

Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG

I think someone posted on Facebook that the dimensions are just slightly smaller than the Typhon 6s so technically it qualifies as a 1/8th scale.

I did some more reading. This is cool. So many opinions and pretty much considered 1:8.
For racing I bet track specific. They're in a weird spot but what do I know? I'm reading entry level racer but they promote it as a basher?
Either way, I think it's cool.

It's kinda like the Tekno EB48SL. 1/8 scale with 1/10 diffs, and the weight somewhere in-between.

I think, from the Arrma POV, the 3s platform is their 1/10 platform, and the 6s platform is their 1/8 platform. But the Senton is 1/10 on both, and the typhon is 1/8 on both... LOL

So much confusion. Arrma - NAMES! They MATTER! Find some NEW ONES!!!

I think, from the Arrma POV, the 3s platform is their 1/10 platform, and the 6s platform is their 1/8 platform. But the Senton is 1/10 on both, and the typhon is 1/8 on both... LOL

So much confusion. Arrma - NAMES! They MATTER! Find some NEW ONES!!!
Definitely need to use different names.

It's interesting to compare chassis dimensions. For instance, go to Arrma's site https://www.arrma-rc.com, pick the 50+mph vehicles, then compare: 6s Typhon, 3s Typhon, 3s "stretch" Big Rock, and 3s Granite. The first three have virtually identical wheelbases around 12.9", the 3s Granite 1.6" shorter. Vehicle widths front to back are interesting, esp. where front and back differ, but as expected the buggies are narrowest with a slightly wider Big Rock and even wider Granite.

So is a 1/10 monster truck basically just a 1/8 buggy with bigger offset tires and compatible spring rates?

Considering everybody seems to load their center diffs with 300-500k oil to limit front wheelspin when running at speed, I have to wonder if losing the center diff is really any sacrifice. The UJ Slider driveshafts remind me of what's on the Nero (albeit plastic here?) which I like a lot. It's an appealing package.

Most 1/10 MT's have a wheel base closer to the Granite. When SCT got popular, many people began to convert them to MT, and create Long wheel base MT's - like the Big Rock.

If you compare most any SCT to a 1/8 buggy, you will see they are nearly the same size. Per ROAR Rules, I think the SCT is limited to 296mm(?) and the 1/8 buggy to 306mm(?) (I think that is correct, I may be off a few mm). So if you have a SCT it is easy to make a 1/8 buggy - just swap the body, and add a wing.

This is also the 1/10 Raider vs the 1/8 Raider XL. The Raider was a Granite with a buggy body, the XL was the fury SCT with a buggy body.

Most 1/10 MT's have a wheel base closer to the Granite. When SCT got popular, many people began to convert them to MT, and create Long wheel base MT's - like the Big Rock.

If you compare most any SCT to a 1/8 buggy, you will see they are nearly the same size. Per ROAR Rules, I think the SCT is limited to 296mm(?) and the 1/8 buggy to 306mm(?) (I think that is correct, I may be off a few mm). So if you have a SCT it is easy to make a 1/8 buggy - just swap the body, and add a wing.

This is also the 1/10 Raider vs the 1/8 Raider XL. The Raider was a Granite with a buggy body, the XL was the fury SCT with a buggy body.

Wtf

Look like it's on the Senton 4x4 chassis like the Big Rock. Basically a Senton/Bigrock platform with a Typhon body and buggy wheels. I could be wrong, haven't seen one in real life yet..BADASS looking little rig though! I bet it's a blast to drive like the other 3S ers! I know Thomas P. gave it a good bash! Incase you guys haven't seen, I gave the Big Rock a pretty good test! REALLY IMPRESSED! Link below!

I think someone posted on Facebook that the dimensions are just slightly smaller than the Typhon 6s so technically it qualifies as a 1/8th scale.
actually the specs are just slightly larger than the typhon 6s. its a little wider and a little longer but wheelbase is identical. but we are only talking a matter of milimeters.to the naked eye im sure they look same size

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back