Typhon New typhoon 3s stx2 surprise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenj76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Just bought my little boy his first arrma, typhon 3s , just bound my stx2 from my kraton 4s so as to keep the new controller as new for resale. Now this control was no longer in use on my kraton for the reasons everyone knows , it was appalling. Well it’s redeemed it’s self ! It’s working with no lag what so ever . I’m actually super impressed with the speed it’s responding . Has it something to do with the receiver not powering the motor fan thus more juice for doing its proper job . Can’t wait to see his face ?

Just bought my little boy his first arrma, typhon 3s , just bound my stx2 from my kraton 4s so as to keep the new controller as new for resale. Now this control was no longer in use on my kraton for the reasons everyone knows , it was appalling. Well it’s redeemed it’s self ! It’s working with no lag what so ever . I’m actually super impressed with the speed it’s responding . Has it something to do with the receiver not powering the motor fan thus more juice for doing its proper job . Can’t wait to see his face ?
Is the receiver in the Typhon differe t that the one that came in the Kraton 4S? Just curious.

No the same but I can only think it’s the power perhaps, I have had my eye on the new dx3 ready for when it drops , he’s got little hands and the neck on the stx2 is one of the thinnest , he struggles with my dx5c so was looking at the dx3 as it looks skinny at the neck too , so far though there’s no need. and I’m not imagining it as that controller has been in the kraton and an ftx outlaw and both were ?
Just hope I get none of the esc probs that everyone seems to having , only plan on running 2s though and that seems to be having no problems.

Last edited:
Could be a number of reasons but I don't think anyone knows for sure why some people have bad experiences with the STX2 on BLX rigs. Mine was ok.

Could simply be from poor QC or too noisy electrically (voltage spikes, esc bec being unstable under load or when dealing with voltage droop etc) to function well. I'd doubt the fan has much to do with it.

At least you found a safer and better suited use for it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back