Big Rock New user, old question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickydizzle

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New user, thanks for having me.
Have bothe a Typhon and a Big Rock.
Typhon servo has died after 2 battery packs, i don't hold up much hope for the one on the Big Rock.
Curretly awaitng a replacement from the Vendor who are waiting for stock and have no idea when they'll have, hae fitted another servo from the spares bin.
As a UK customer is there a UK Phone number for Arrma/Horizon so i can deal direct, can't be left waiting (3 weeks and counting) if/when we get another issue.
Makes it harder being in lockdown, means i cant go face to face with the hobby shop to get tthing dealt with, much easier that way....the store is a 20 minute drive. Quite frustrating.

Cheers and apologies for starting with a negative-ish post.

Hi Guys,

New user, thanks for having me.
Have bothe a Typhon and a Big Rock.
Typhon servo has died after 2 battery packs, i don't hold up much hope for the one on the Big Rock.
Curretly awaitng a replacement from the Vendor who are waiting for stock and have no idea when they'll have, hae fitted another servo from the spares bin.
As a UK customer is there a UK Phone number for Arrma/Horizon so i can deal direct, can't be left waiting (3 weeks and counting) if/when we get another issue.
Makes it harder being in lockdown, means i cant go face to face with the hobby shop to get tthing dealt with, much easier that way....the store is a 20 minute drive. Quite frustrating.

Cheers and apologies for starting with a negative-ish post.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Hi there

Also a UK customer. Also just had my servo fail on a very new Big Rock. Asked very nice people at Hobby Shop (an hour away) to do what others have reccomended here and allow me upgrade rather than get like-for-like warranty replacement. They were fine with that, tho they could only offer me the trade value of another standard servo as discount off a better one . Didnt care as just want a good servo that I can fit once and then get back to enjoying car with the kids and will potentially stand an upgrade to 4S, one day. They suggested an Etronix, which is now available in black to match the other Arrma internals - https://www.facebook.com/EtronixRC/ so Im going with that as they tell me its their best selling mid price servo and very reliable. Plenty of videos on how to fit so expecting to be back on 4 wheels in a week or so.
don't forget that if you get an upgraded servo you'll need a 25T servo saver. Loads of choice but I actually just went with an Arrma one.

That's not great. I've got a Big Rock and it's been fine so far, despite being end over end many times.

Have you set your end points? This reduces the overload on the servo and it lasts longer. There's a good video on here about how to do it in the transmitter. I didn't know I had to, it's not in the manual but I was pointed to this, very helpful:

When it's time for a replacement, as Pat says, you're best getting a 25T servo and will need the Arrma AR340151 to convert it. Sounds like you're covered if you have parts bin servos...

Good luck getting sorted!

That's not great. I've got a Big Rock and it's been fine so far, despite being end over end many times.

Have you set your end points? This reduces the overload on the servo and it lasts longer. There's a good video on here about how to do it in the transmitter. I didn't know I had to, it's not in the manual but I was pointed to this, very helpful:

When it's time for a replacement, as Pat says, you're best getting a 25T servo and will need the Arrma AR340151 to convert it. Sounds like you're covered if you have parts bin servos...

Yeh bud, end points set..with some extra wiggle room, indeed a 25t was fitted with a matching horn. we rocking now.
Stock servos are (imo) gash mate. A decent sensibly priced replacement is a ds3225 off amazon. Cheap, strong and waterproof.
Thats exacyly what i've chucked in, i normally run savox but had one of these spare i was going to test at some point, pretty cool actually, came with an ally saver which i had to lop down a bit but tbh between this and savox...i think i'll be getting more of these.

Cheers bud.

You know, I've never actually watched that video even though i've seen it posted about 10 times. Finaly watched when you posted it. I thought I was already doing it right. But I wasn't. Thanks a lot!
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, If it wasn't for Traxxas our tools would rust.:ROFLMAO:

You know, I've never actually watched that video even though i've seen it posted about 10 times. Finaly watched when you posted it. I thought I was already doing it right. But I wasn't. Thanks a lot!
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, If it wasn't for Traxxas our tools would rust.:ROFLMAO:
Not to start a war, have several Traxxas, never needed the warranty and ready to go out the box, quite the opposite with any traxxas i've encountered sso far. S far it feel like the old addage, buy cheap buy twice......but i'm just sulking lol.

SO does anyone actually have a UK service number?

Cheers so far guys

Not to start a war, have several Traxxas, never needed the warranty and ready to go out the box, quite the opposite with any traxxas i've encountered sso far. S far it feel like the old addage, buy cheap buy twice......but i'm just sulking lol.

SO does anyone actually have a UK service number?

Cheers so far guys
Oh, I have never owned a traxxas but I have just heard a lot of bad things about them. Maybe I shouldn't dis on them untill I actually own one and have first hand experience. All I know are the plastic drive shafts aren't very good and they aren't very easy to work on. If you know what I mean. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Sorry if I did.

Oh, I have never owned a traxxas but I have just heard a lot of bad things about them. Maybe I shouldn't dis on them untill I actually own one and have first hand experience. All I know are the plastic drive shafts aren't very good and they aren't very easy to work on. If you know what I mean. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Sorry if I did.
Nothing to apologize for buddy, its just a question of perspective, like most things the end user is a good gauge how how well things last. The drive shafts, the standard plastoc ones on thing like Rustlers/stampedes will candy cane if you hammer them on 3s, with a poorly adjusted clutch, as far as working on them never had an issue but i've been working on them and general RC for a long time, they do have a tendancy to over fasten things, eg use for bolts when 3 would have done, there screws are nice quality too, not rounded any off and they stay looking fresh.

I'm new to Arrma so have to unlearn some old habits, like rebuilding the shocks, great solution hows it constructed but it did melt my head a bit, its soooo obvious and would overcome Traxxas's habit of popping shock caps off the standard gear.

Fear not RC is RC, Really Cool no matter what it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back