Infraction New v2 SSS 18,000W MONSTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
SSS 56×135...10mm shaft.12,000 con,18,000 max🤣😂😅new v2 motors an kv changes across the board

Screenshot_20230315-220232_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230315-220147_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230315-214320_eBay.jpg

They even make a bigger 56×154.cant find stats on it thou

View attachment 285751

Yeah the problem is the KV gets lower and lower on the larger motors. TP makes a 100mm diameter motor also, but its almost impossible to use it on an RC car with that size.

My other concern is being able to generate the wattage to hit the max on these monsters. They are really intended for an ESC with a higher voltage than what we use.

8s under load is let's say 27 volts (if you have top-shelf batteries and the perfect run)
27v * 600a = 16,200 watts

I have seen a few guys post logs at 18 and 19kW with the castle XLX2 but regardless that's running at the absolute peak for those ESCs.

Yeah the problem is the KV gets lower and lower on the larger motors. TP makes a 100mm diameter motor also, but its almost impossible to use it on an RC car with that size.

My other concern is being able to generate the wattage to hit the max on these monsters. They are really intended for an ESC with a higher voltage than what we use.

8s under load is let's say 27 volt🙁s (if you have top-shelf batteries and the perfect run)
27v * 600a = 16,200 watts

I have seen a few guys post logs at 18 and 19kW with the castle XLX2 but regardless that's running at the absolute peak for those ESCs.
Yup,anything under 650ish kv wouldn't work for 8s unless they came out with taller than 2.66,2.80 diffs unless 1 could figure out a compound gear setup or a 2 speed transmission,or higher voltage esc,or taller tires..I love this hobby,nothing is impossible......funny,little over a year ago I thought you needed a 3s motor for good #'s on 3s,we learned with the challenges not so much.my metal chassis 4s pb is with a 1270kv motor😅😂🤣we've all learned much Sichuan 3s challenge..imo the 3s challenge in itself has changed the speedrun game .. without it @chris adams would still be bashing his talion off road probly instead of one of the fastest low voltage guys out there probly..that guy has blown my mind over last year..🤣😂😅

Yup,anything under 650ish kv wouldn't work for 8s unless they came out with taller than 2.66,2.80 diffs unless 1 could figure out a compound gear setup or a 2 speed transmission,or higher voltage esc,or taller tires..I love this hobby,nothing is impossible......funny,little over a year ago I thought you needed a 3s motor for good #'s on 3s,we learned with the challenges not so much.my metal chassis 4s pb is with a 1270kv motor😅😂🤣we've all learned much Sichuan 3s challenge..imo the 3s challenge in itself has changed the speedrun game .. without it @chris adams would still be bashing his talion off road probly instead of one of the fastest low voltage guys out there probly..that guy has blown my mind over last year..🤣😂😅

Agreed! @chris adams caught me and then passed me by.

sad wile e coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

@K-BASH and @LibertyMKiii I'm honored to hear such kind words my brothers. Sincerely.
I have an easily addicted personality and it finally resulted in somthing I see as a positive lol.
Those big slow motors would be a perfect fit for compound gearing I just think that once pushed to the max, the extra gears will become an unnecessary additional friction point, but a big honking motor wouldn't care as much about that either I guess. This hobby is fantastic 👏🏻

I wonder how these motors compare to a tp 5870. I'm trying to decide on a motor and I've never had an SSS before. I plan on pairing it with a max 4 and 12s.

For my application the 10mm shaft would not be an issue.

I wonder how these motors compare to a tp 5870. I'm trying to decide on a motor and I've never had an SSS before. I plan on pairing it with a max 4 and 12s.

For my application the 10mm shaft would not be an issue.
So now I gotta know. What you planning on putting it in? I'm guessing a 1/5 scale .

So now I gotta know. What you planning on putting it in? I'm guessing a 1/5 scale .
It would have been for the MCD xr5 max pro I just ordered. I ended up finding some older post from @LibertyMKiii saying how he thought SSS was good but not as good as TP so I ended up just sticking with my favorite motor brand lol.

The only reason I even considered SSS was because my TP motor options were limited if I didn't want to wait 3+ weeks. I already have the tp 5870 750kv in my rovan f5 on 12s and I'm not a fan of buying the same motor twice so I try to avoid it when possible.

That's basically the only 12s 5870 motor on tp website thats in stock. I bit the bullet and ordered a sensored 5870 800kv from r snake/mamba and now I'm just going to have to learn how to be patient. :eek:

Oh and the mcd electric conversion kit comes with an adapter that lets you use 10mm motor shafts which is nice!

It would have been for the MCD xr5 max pro I just ordered. I ended up finding some older post from @LibertyMKiii saying how he thought SSS was good but not as good as TP so I ended up just sticking with my favorite motor brand lol.

The only reason I even considered SSS was because my TP motor options were limited if I didn't want to wait 3+ weeks. I already have the tp 5870 750kv in my rovan f5 on 12s and I'm not a fan of buying the same motor twice so I try to avoid it when possible.

That's basically the only 12s 5870 motor on tp website thats in stock. I bit the bullet and ordered a sensored 5870 800kv from r snake/mamba and now I'm just going to have to learn how to be patient. :eek:

Oh and the mcd electric conversion kit comes with an adapter that lets you use 10mm motor shafts which is nice!
I ordered from R mamba a couple times. Took about 2 to 2.5 weeks. Not as long as I thought it would. You can ask through ebay if it's ready to ship or not before you order.
Sensored TPs are awesome. I've heard that the sensor board isn't very durable but personally mine has been fine even after violent 120+mph crashes. Guess it all depends on the sudden stop of the crash lol.

I ordered from R mamba a couple times. Took about 2 to 2.5 weeks. Not as long as I thought it would. You can ask through ebay if it's ready to ship or not before you order.
Sensored TPs are awesome. I've heard that the sensor board isn't very durable but personally mine has been fine even after violent 120+mph crashes. Guess it all depends on the sudden stop of the crash lol.
That’s really good to hear. I ordered a sensored 5670 from R-Mamba for the next build. I’d heard others had problems with running them sensored on the XLX2, but others say they’re fine. Looking forward to, if I can ever get enough time back on my bench!

That’s really good to hear. I ordered a sensored 5670 from R-Mamba for the next build. I’d heard others had problems with running them sensored on the XLX2, but others say they’re fine. Looking forward to, if I can ever get enough time back on my bench!
I have a 5670 sensored 2310kv and it was my favorite motor. It's probably still tied for first place in my collection ATM. That thing did some great numbers on low voltage speed passes. What kv you get if you don't mind me asking?

I've got 2 TP Sensored motors from R-Mamba. One is a 4060SVM 2130KV and the other is a 5650 1440KV. The 5650 sensor works perfect and I've had no issues with it...great motor too! The 4060 seems to have an issue when the sensor wire is connected where it limits the power on throttle or seems like the drag brake is on...very weird. When I take the sensor off it works perfectly and I can tell the difference in power output. Both are on XLX2s. Maybe I'll try the sensor again at some point but its running perfect without it.

I've got 2 TP Sensored motors from R-Mamba. One is a 4060SVM 2130KV and the other is a 5650 1440KV. The 5650 sensor works perfect and I've had no issues with it...great motor too! The 4060 seems to have an issue when the sensor wire is connected where it limits the power on throttle or seems like the drag brake is on...very weird. When I take the sensor off it works perfectly and I can tell the difference in power output. Both are on XLX2s. Maybe I'll try the sensor again at some point but its running perfect without it.
Have you tried a different sensor wore? Maybe switch the wire from the one that works good. Might get lucky and that's all it is. Probably not the issue but worth
a shot.

I've got 2 TP Sensored motors from R-Mamba. One is a 4060SVM 2130KV and the other is a 5650 1440KV. The 5650 sensor works perfect and I've had no issues with it...great motor too! The 4060 seems to have an issue when the sensor wire is connected where it limits the power on throttle or seems like the drag brake is on...very weird.
Did your sensored tp motors come without the rear cap being screwed together??? Mine did and I emailed them about it and they said it was so I could set the timing. Maybe yours just needs rotated.
I'm clueless about timing BTW. I was super careful to put it back in the position it was shipped.

Did your sensored tp motors come without the rear cap being screwed together??? Mine did and I emailed them about it and they said it was so I could set the timing. Maybe yours just needs rotated.
I'm clueless about timing BTW. I was super careful to put it back in the position it was shipped.
my sensored 5650 1720kv didn't come like that but my sensor is also acting up similar to his. I still haven't tested to see if it's my tp motor or the xlx2 that is causing the problem but I get nasty cogging whenever the sensor cable is plugged in. I tried 3 different cables but I've yet to try changing the esc. Everything works fine when I unplug the sensor cable.

my sensored 5650 1720kv didn't come like that but my sensor is also acting up similar to his. I still haven't tested to see if it's my tp motor or the xlx2 that is causing the problem but I get nasty cogging whenever the sensor cable is plugged in. I tried 3 different cables but I've yet to try changing the esc. Everything works fine when I unplug the sensor cable.
That's a bummer. My 1717 castle motor started clogging real bad then next time I went out, I had to push the car to get it to run. Ran fine while it was moving but once it stopped it would jerk the rotor back and firth, tok the sensor wire off and it ran fine. I had bad crashes too though that probably damaged the sensor board.

That's a bummer. My 1717 castle motor started clogging real bad then next time I went out, I had to push the car to get it to run. Ran fine while it was moving but once it stopped it would jerk the rotor back and firth, tok the sensor wire off and it ran fine. I had bad crashes too though that probably damaged the sensor board.
that's basically the same thing that's happening to me!! so that ended up being your motor and not the esc? I have crashed once with the motor now that I think about it lol.

that's basically the same thing that's happening to me!! so that ended up being your motor and not the esc? I have crashed once with the motor now that I think about it lol.
Yeah the motor. Still works it just can't be run sensored. I really need to put it in my talion. I think the 1717 is a great size for an off road basher. Too damn addicted to speedruns though to find time to mess with it.
BTW you a crazy good collection of cars brother, and motors lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back