Typhon New v5 Typhon owner....a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a setup and ill see what works this weekend. Thanks for the help.

I downloaded the manuals for the receiver, radio, and esc. The ESC manual from Spektrum and the settings in the Arrma manual don't match up. The Spektrum manual says there are 11 different settings to adjust and the Arrma manual only shows 8 and they don't all match up. Which one is correct? Are the ESC's different?
I think there is a misprint in one of them, I don't remember which one (I replaced my spektrum stuff a while back) I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. I ended buying a spektrum programming card- it's sooo much easier than trying to listen to & count beeps. Just my opinion

Ordered a setup and ill see what works this weekend. Thanks for the help.

I downloaded the manuals for the receiver, radio, and esc. The ESC manual from Spektrum and the settings in the Arrma manual don't match up. The Spektrum manual says there are 11 different settings to adjust and the Arrma manual only shows 8 and they don't all match up. Which one is correct? Are the ESC's different?

Go with the Arrma manual. I think the Spektrum is wrong because it has options like LVC setting when in actuality it doesn’t. Easiest way to double check is to cycle through all the settings and make sure the number of settings for that parameter match up with the table.

Go with the Arrma manual. I think the Spektrum is wrong because it has options like LVC setting when in actuality it doesn’t. Easiest way to double check is to cycle through all the settings and make sure the number of settings for that parameter match up with the table.
Yup! Had some words with Arrma. I bought the $30 program card JUST SO I could update the firmware and unlock LVC and timing values.
The LVC is not available, they told me. Not for the 150a. But the LVC was changed by the firmware to be a little higher.
BTW: from monitoring Im finding the Lipos settle around 3.6v/cell after cutoff.

Just installed the fans along with a powerhobby mount. Temps definitely lower. After 30 mins of pavement driving with a lot of speed runs my motor was 115 compared to 146 the other day. After running, the fan mount started sliding toward the middle of the car and the dog bone going into the center diff rubbed on it. The pictures are installed, after my run, and after I think I fixed it. I cleaned the motor can and the mount where it hugs the can and put some loctite on the screw that increases the clamp pressure. I also located the front fan in front of the center diff cover. Anything else I can do to keep it from moving if this doesn't work?

PXL_20220714_192236020.jpg

PXL_20220714_220634028.jpg

PXL_20220714_233903540.jpg

Just installed the fans along with a powerhobby mount. Temps definitely lower. After 30 mins of pavement driving with a lot of speed runs my motor was 115 compared to 146 the other day. After running, the fan mount started sliding toward the middle of the car and the dog bone going into the center diff rubbed on it. The pictures are installed, after my run, and after I think I fixed it. I cleaned the motor can and the mount where it hugs the can and put some loctite on the screw that increases the clamp pressure. I also located the front fan in front of the center diff cover. Anything else I can do to keep it from moving if this doesn't work?

View attachment 229710

View attachment 229711

View attachment 229712
You can put a drop or two of blue locktite on the mount clamping bolt. Let "cure" 24 hrs if possible

Make sure you also tighten the smaller screw that holds the main screw in place. I think it uses a 1.5mm hex. I also use loctite on that screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back