Granite New Version Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want a list I’ll give you a list (not in any particular order)

- Fix the leaky shocks
- seal the slipper housing
- change the motor to a one with bearing that actually hold
- slightly longer shocks
- droop screws, to avoid stripping the shock rod ends
- body support brace like they have on the 6s/8s, which will also replace the flimsy center driveshaft bearing support part
- option for center diff
- rotate the servo like on the 8s so it won’t get jammed by rocks
- metal pivot balls
- fix the Senton front bumper
- vented tires from the factory
Lets see

- Yes
- Not totaly sealed, but they say it's much better
- The motor is different, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt
- nope
- nope
- nope
- nope
- It wasnt rotated, but they say the new bell crank addresses that
- nope, maybe the plastic is better?
- nope!
- yes!
Adjustable motor mount
Sealed bearings.... actually that’s for all models and a good Rx
Sealed Bearings
Quicker TX/RX
Improved shock seals
Sealed transmission case
Redesigned steering rack so rocks don't jam it up
Better tolerances on the motor mount holes
Sealed bearings
Better radio
Well i guess they listen and improve after all

Very excited about this! I am happy I waited for a whole new truck to be available instead of upgrading my son’s Mega to brushless.

Knowing Arrma, I guess we can expect everything to be backward compatible with the previous version, right? I am thinking maybe the revised steering design may not be backward compatible depending on how different it is...we’ll see!

Edit: Ooops, wrong thread. I meant to post on the other one and I copied my comment there.

Last edited:
Looks like the new silicone orings are listed in the exploded parts view on the website. Just compared it to mine, and they are new part numbers. Since my shocks need rebuilt, I am going to try them.

I only wanted a center diff was expecting more from this release only the bigrock sounds interesting the senton and granite body are just.... makes me remember of banggood rcs with rip off bodies. don't get me wrong the new release was need fixed the issues but the stupid clutch still remains there now the servo saver is 23T spline we can thanks horizon for that chassi i cant seem to find any reinforcment exept the pin olders diff still plastic they said they are now like the 4s line who is true and not true because they already were the exact same. But more positive than negative things were done but still dissapointed they did not release a center diff or a optional part

I'm a little surprised they didn't update this truck by now, I thought the 3S line would follow the 6S line with a v2/3/4, but that didn't happen. I don't blame them, the 3S line is pretty darn good still.

Sealed transmission case
Redesigned steering rack so rocks don't jam it up
12mm hexes
Better tolerances on the motor mount holes
Sealed bearings
Better radio

Truck handles great, no complaints.

Be careful what you wish for... Guess I better put my money where my mouth is and buy one. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back