New wheels, huge difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
I got around to getting new tires yesterday and man what a difference in performance! The old Dboots were really struggling for me.....worn pretty badly. These babies are bigger too.......had a blast today. Wallet, emptier......
79C2A874-455E-4D21-8248-CBB5E6870218.jpeg

I got around to getting new tires yesterday and man what a difference in performance! The old Dboots were really struggling for me.....worn pretty badly. These babies are bigger too.......had a blast today. Wallet, emptier......
View attachment 100193

How are you liking those? They look meaty and heavy like my BL's.. I wish PL made a light dish truggy 1/5 scale wheel and tire combos..

How are you liking those? They look meaty and heavy like my BL's.. I wish PL made a light dish truggy 1/5 scale wheel and tire combos..
Best set out of the stocks, and duratrax six packs. Wheelies at speed, great air control and firm construction. Very pricey....$300 Canadian for four.

Best set out of the stocks, and duratrax six packs. Wheelies at speed, great air control and firm construction. Very pricey....$300 Canadian for four.
I really love them, ideal for bashing and backflips, they do balloon a fair amount though..

very nice flips ! why don't you post it on your youtube channel ? it's unlisted...
Thx.. I just used it to showcase the flipping abilities as it's only a video snippet. When / if I ever get down to create a full video worth watching, it'll go on there as listed :)

Max5, hobbywing 56113 800kv, 44t pinion, stock spur :)

Ok, so after a week of running these tires my rear outdrives are getting worn pretty badly. They were a bit worn before but not like this. I’m not sure of the mechanics of why this would happen (CVDs having to turn heavy tires, more torsion forces?). It’s pretty bad. How are yours holding up?
Heres a pic..
FC68C678-92FB-4F97-BCCD-DA96A3B83923.jpeg

I think it’s part of the cost of doing business- my Mojave outdrives have been dished pretty fiercely since I upgraded it to 8S in July, but my Kraton 8S outdrives look about like yours, with heavier, belted tires. I’ll post a pic for comparison, but I think they’re meant to wear in and get replaced as part of their normal cycle.

Ok, so after a week of running these tires my rear outdrives are getting worn pretty badly. They were a bit worn before but not like this. I’m not sure of the mechanics of why this would happen (CVDs having to turn heavy tires, more torsion forces?). It’s pretty bad. How are yours holding up?
Heres a pic..
View attachment 101174
I'll have to check, but I won't be home for another 3 days..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back