Granite New Wheels & Tires and Brushless Motor Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Voltage
Howdy,

I've just uploaded a video on my modified granite voltage showing off some new wheels and lays out a brushless motor upgrade. If you're interested, please take a look and give a like and a sub if you would.

I'm kinda done with pandemic gardening, so I'm trying my hand at pandemic youtubing :)

Here's the video link:

Here's the first video in the series outlining the brushed upgrade and pinion gear, as well as a cooling fan setup:

Thanks guys.

I'll put something together, thanks for taking a look and especially for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it.
Thank you for the video and the details.

I tried swapping the rear stock wheels/tires with the front tires to gain a bit of rear traction, and it appears one side has a sliding pin at the hub, while the other side is a fitted 12mm hex.

Is the keyed slot necessary to accept the pin on the one side of the rear? I was wondering this especially if I plan to replace the wheel set.

Thanks!

Hex is stuck to the axel. If it’s metal, a grub screw secures. If plastic (from a mega) it’s pressed on. No big deall .

Sounds good - so the hex piece is a separate piece in itself that can be standalone. i guess i was too concerned to break it. Thanks

Sounds good - so the hex piece is a separate piece in itself that can be standalone. i guess i was too concerned to break it. Thanks
It’s good to careful with plastic parts until you get used to them. All good man.

Cool video, inspires me to start modding the two I have! Keep up the good work

Cool video, inspires me to start modding the two I have! Keep up the good work
I’m not sure sure if the OP is around now as this post originated over a year back.

Just be careful about putting to much money into the voltage. It will get to a point where drive cups and differentials Fail constantly. Typically that point is when you increase power and traction. Keep it brushed and do not put heavy grippy tires on it. If you really want something fun to upgrade and with more speed/power pick up a 3s truck like a granite or big rock.

I’m not sure sure if the OP is around now as this post originated over a year back.

Just be careful about putting to much money into the voltage. It will get to a point where drive cups and differentials Fail constantly. Typically that point is when you increase power and traction. Keep it brushed and do not put heavy grippy tires on it. If you really want something fun to upgrade and with more speed/power pick up a 3s truck like a granite or big rock.
I'm still here. Just on vacation :)

Get the Integy steel drive cups and mod away. I'm not saying its necessarily wise to toss hundreds of dollars towards a $100 platform, but if its what you have already its a very low-risk scenario. Try it out - if you break something, its not a huge deal like a $600 6s vehicle.

I've run this on 4s with speedtreads a couple times and I haven't had any issues, except with traction :)

All that being said, 100000% get a big rock and mod the stuffing out of that one.
Anyway, I'm here. Looks like the hex issue was answered, so I'll get back to cleaning my truck :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back