New wing mount???

Would you want one?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damm I forgot to add my photo when I said have you seen these. Oops

10-4 I respect your opinion. Definitely missing out on the insane durability over the stock stuff. Always good to get different opinions and views. Not at all wanting to change your mind, just share thoughts. The beauty in it all is what makes everything unique.
I was talking about them blue ones
I'm only a speed runner so as for durability I'm concerned about the electronics .and obviously other components.but not when it comes to wing months.i haven't heard of anyone complaining about stock or aluminum breaking because of high speed wind..if I crash ok that's a different story know what I mean .

I think a great idea would be to somehow have 2 optional positions for wing angle and height???:unsure:

I'm only a speed runner so as for durability I'm concerned about the electronics .and obviously other components.but not when it comes to wing months.i haven't heard of anyone complaining about stock or aluminum breaking because of high speed wind..if I crash ok that's a different story know what I mean .
I always felt the wing mounts are mostly there just for protection. A sacrificial part that saves other $parts$ from driver error. I don't really see a need for them to be indestructable. I can't see them being alloy. 3drc makes a great one as many stated.
Just me.

Last edited:
I think a great idea would be to somehow have 2 optional positions for wing angle and height???:unsure:

I always felt the wing mounts are mostly there just for protection. A sacrificial part that saves other $parts$ from driver error. I don't really see a need for them to be indestructable. I can't see them being alloy. 3drc makes a great one as many stated.
Just me.
I actually have thought about the HR aluminum wing mounts.for one reason.the awesome look.honstly there isn't any other material that looks better than aluminum when it's properly finished and polished.and I believe the purpose of a wing mount is to mount the wing lol.no? I'll take a nice aluminum wing mount over composite
I actually have thought about the HR aluminum wing mounts.for one reason.the awesome look.honstly there isn't any other material that looks better than aluminum when it's properly finished and polished.and I believe the purpose of a wing mount is to mount the wing lol.no? I'll take a nice aluminum wing mount over composite
Aluminum is a chemical element not a alloy.alloy is heavier.

Aluminum is a chemical element not a alloy.alloy is heavier.
Correction .there are aluminum alloys.thats when metals are mixed in the process.which is added to provide strength

Last edited:
For many the $bling$ justifies it being alloy. Whatever metal composition you want to call it. On the shelf it surely looks nice. But is it really functional in use?
For hard bashing, most will never run alloy wing mounts. Alloy Wing wounts can permanently bend and twist also. Get $damaged$ .
Even the Buggy and Truggy Track guys don't run alloy wing mounts. But I guess if an alloy option is available, there will always be someone wanting it. Because it is suposedly indestructable or simply because it "Looks Great". To each his own. What works for you.:giggle:
I can't justify alloy everything. I am careful about adding needless weight. It's all too easy to add upwards of a pound to a rig when slammed with all alloy. CF the better option in many cases. Still has some needed flex to it. Yet light. Depends on the rig and how you drive.

For many the $bling$ justifies it being alloy. Whatever metal composition you want to call it. On the shelf it surely looks nice. But is it really functional in use?
For hard bashing, most will never run alloy wing mounts. Alloy Wing wounts can permanently bend and twist also. Get $damaged$ .
Even the Buggy and Truggy Track guys don't run alloy wing mounts. But I guess if an alloy option is available, there will always be someone wanting it. Because it is suposedly indestructable or simply because it "Looks Great". To each his own. What works for you.:giggle:
I can't justify alloy everything. I am careful about adding needless weight. It's all too easy to add upwards of a pound to a rig when slammed with all alloy. CF the better option in many cases. Still has some needed flex to it. Yet light. Depends on the rig and how you drive.
I agree.for bashing it's a bad idea but like you said bling lol looks great.im just a speed guy so xtra un needed wait doesn't work for me but stability does.

I've bent an Integy wing mount (I don't even believe it was metal or alloy anything...more like hardened foil if you ask me) and I don't even jump for big air. I am a tumbler/flipper though as I drive my cars hard both on and off road. I've had good luck with the HR and GPM wing mounts. I like a sturdy mount with a flexing wing but since I've had the 3D-RC mounts I don't think I'll go back to metal...LOVE them!! AND they look fantastic. The black ones have a nice glossy finish to them. As one the first to get the mid height one I must say I find it to be perfect for my Talion...not too high (too much drag) and not too low (makes the wing sit slightly above the roof line for the Talion body instead of behind the shock tower). My only quibble would be the same as @SrC in that I wish you could alter the wing angle a little more. The 3D-RC pieces are tough as nails especially the EXB bumper replacement. That piece has saved me on many occasions with high speed front end collisions and the occasional cartwheel.

I've bent an Integy wing mount (I don't even believe it was metal or alloy anything...more like hardened foil if you ask me) and I don't even jump for big air. I am a tumbler/flipper though as I drive my cars hard both on and off road. I've had good luck with the HR and GPM wing mounts. I like a sturdy mount with a flexing wing but since I've had the 3D-RC mounts I don't think I'll go back to metal...LOVE them!! AND they look fantastic. The black ones have a nice glossy finish to them. As one the first to get the mid height one I must say I find it to be perfect for my Talion...not too high (too much drag) and not too low (makes the wing sit slightly above the roof line for the Talion body instead of behind the shock tower). My only quibble would be the same as @SrC in that I wish you could alter the wing angle a little more. The 3D-RC pieces are tough as nails especially the EXB bumper replacement. That piece has saved me on many occasions with high speed front end collisions and the occasional cartwheel.
I’m listening. I will see what I can’t do about pitching different angles. Would and of you have a preference as to what angle you might be looking for?

I think a pitch angle of 11-12 degrees would be enough for the wing to gain some more downforce. Like in situations where you have some big air on a rig that likes to nose dive on landings.:cool:
The style of wing also matters when it comes to downforce. Part of the equation as well.

Back