New World Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang thats fast, just watched his 202 run yesterday and was thinking how long before he breaks that record. Not long I see. Ill be stoked to hit 100.
Just know that...once you hit 100, there's no going back. You'll be deeply hooked from that point going forward and it will become an obsession. :LOL:

Just know that...once you hit 100, there's no going back. You'll be deeply hooked from that point going forward and it will become an obsession. :LOL:
Yeah thats what im afraid of 😬
I'll be stoked to hit 80 lol. Peewee league over here😂
Lol same here, ive maybe hit 50 or 55. don't even have one of those gps things. Can't even decide which one to get

Yeah thats what im afraid of 😬

Lol same here, ive maybe hit 50 or 55. don't even have one of those gps things. Can't even decide which one to get
That's easy. Get the SkyRC GSM020. It's way convenient and provenly accurate.

There's always the 3am option

96 is my PB don't have the time or money to go faster on the 1/8 scale cars. but I am moding a rival MT10 to a 3s speed run build (someone got to ):LOL:

Is there a cheaper option? I'm thrifty
You might be able to save $5 by getting the GSM015 but I'm not sure if that saving is worth the convenience. You can get the GSM020 for $70 here. Possibly even less if you search around a bit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174173574856
Thnx just ran over to ebay and picked one up. This hobby is getting really expensive really fast 😅😭
lol...wait until you get serious about buying batteries, pinions and spur gears. There are a lot of hidden costs in speed running. It's definitely not easy on the wallet.

You might be able to save $5 by getting the GSM015 but I'm not sure if that saving is worth the convenience. You can get the GSM020 for $70 here. Possibly even less if you search around a bit.

lol...wait until you get serious about buying batteries, pinions and spur gears. There are a lot of hidden costs in speed running. It's definitely not easy on the wallet.
Unfortunately I'm already there lol my first build i got the outcast 8s exb so I could put my own motor and esc plus grabbed sum new tires and rpm arms cuz I heard the stock break easy plus different size pinion and spur gears. The one im bout to build is mostly custom Aswell more so than the first

Don't forget different compounds of tires, big escs & motors, better bearings & the inevitability of a soul crushing wreck!😆🤪

Don't forget different compounds of tires, big escs & motors, better bearings & the inevitability of a soul crushing wreck!😆🤪
I have an xlx 2 esc and a 2028 1700kv motor in route should be here tomorrow as for tires i got proline badlands for messing around and some gone bananas for speed runs. Bearings on the other hand I didn't think about yet. Any brand you can recommend

I have an xlx 2 esc and a 2028 1700kv motor in route should be here tomorrow as for tires i got proline badlands for messing around and some gone bananas for speed runs. Bearings on the other hand I didn't think about yet. Any brand you can recommend
It can be a little expensive for ceramic hybrids. There's quite a few different brands I've heard people using- Avid, Fast Eddy, Jim's but I got mine from @RedondoBeachRC for a pretty reasonable price. Haven't put them in yet but they seem quite nice

Don’t go crazy wasting money on ceramics. They don’t stand up to the abuse. I use ceramics for the spool bearings only. You can also use them if you need to replace motor bearings. Stock up on input bearings if you’re gonna speed run. Also inner and outer wheel hub bearings don’t hurt to have laying around. Avid makes a good bearing. I’ve also used TRB and those seem fine. Chances are they’re made in the same factory in China anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back