New World Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok im looking at the bearing kit from avid. Which ones should I go with, revolution, revolution aura, rubber, metal etc...
Depends on the application. I was recommended the revolutions. They work great where one side isn’t exposed to the elements, such as the diff input bearing. Just have the rubber side facing out and you’re good.

I have an xlx 2 esc and a 2028 1700kv motor in route should be here tomorrow as for tires i got proline badlands for messing around and some gone bananas for speed runs. Bearings on the other hand I didn't think about yet. Any brand you can recommend
Bearings are snake oil in my opinion.
I am still on the original bearings in my VTE2. Just oil them after 2-3 speed runs and clean them as needed.

For those that don't know or didn't catch it on the video they go through an $100 set of tires each run at speeds of 190+.
Bearings usually fail on the diff input side every 1-3 runs.
Running at these levels is an expensive deal compared to lower speeds. (the reason why I will be sticking with 3s-6s for quite some time)

Last edited:
Feels like last year we made some leaps and bounds in speed running. What's the guess for this years "speed" we'll reach? I'm gonna guess 220.

Feels like a stretch. But i think we could do it.
220 is high. I’d love to see that though! I’m excited for the high up tech to trickle down, similar to 1:1 cars. We’ll be getting faster and faster for the basher/non speed run cars.

🤔🤔🤔but I don't have speed run rc but the previous was 204 in a longggggg road and this one in just a bit 208?? But hey we are in America we're all we can share are opinions

🤔🤔🤔but I don't have speed run rc but the previous was 204 in a longggggg road and this one in just a bit 208?? But hey we are in America we're all we can share are opinions
James McCoy's road isn't all that long actually. It may look long (which I think is in part to the wide angle view of James' camera), but it's only about 2100ft. I think Tony's run was around 2400ft so, not that much difference.

James McCoy's road isn't all that long actually. It may look long (which I think is in part to the wide angle view of James' camera), but it's only about 2100ft. I think Tony's run was around 2400ft so, not that much difference.
haha I watched the video and said to myself "that road sure doesn't look that long and I think I see a turn at the end" how did he do that?!?

haha I watched the video and said to myself "that road sure doesn't look that long and I think I see a turn at the end" how did he do that?!?
Practice. He starts accelerating around the first bend and starts braking right before the second bend and continues into the bend. Gotta give it to him. Pretty much everyone else just lines their car up straight, does their run, and then brakes while still on a straight road.

Are there any set of rules to setting a new world record in speed runs? Like do you need to use a certain kind of gps? Does it have to be a updated one or could someone use a old school device? And does any one from like the world's book of Guinness go and check to see if the unit was rigged.im just curious how it works and what the rules are.please don't think I'm questioning Tony's run.thats not my intention.i just want to know if it's as simple as posting a video and showing your gps .thank you.im not familiar with how records are recorded
Are there any set of rules to setting a new world record in speed runs? Like do you need to use a certain kind of gps? Does it have to be a updated one or could someone use a old school device? And does any one from like the world's book of Guinness go and check to see if the unit was rigged.im just curious how it works and what the rules are.please don't think I'm questioning Tony's run.thats not my intention.i just want to know if it's as simple as posting a video and showing your gps .thank you.im not familiar with how records are recorded
Sorry for so many questions.but if I don't ask I won't know🤟😁👍

There's no Guinness involved. Those people charge serious coin to come out to verify something. No, it's as simple as zeroing your GPS, demonstrate that it's linked to the car, make your run and show the GPS. The car needs to return (or at least be returnable so, no crashes) and the video should not have any cuts. That's pretty much it. If you want to claim a record for a particular voltage or cell count, then pop the lid and show the wiring of your batteries and/or show the voltage with a voltmeter.

Practice. He starts accelerating around the first bend and starts braking right before the second bend and continues into the bend. Gotta give it to him. Pretty much everyone else just lines their car up straight, does their run, and then brakes while still on a straight road.
yea that's impressive for sure. To even see that far, maybe I need some new glasses but damn lol.

There's no Guinness involved. Those people charge serious coin to come out to verify something. No, it's as simple as zeroing your GPS, demonstrate that it's linked to the car, make your run and show the GPS. The car needs to return (or at least be returnable so, no crashes) and the video should not have any cuts. That's pretty much it. If you want to claim a record for a particular voltage or cell count, then pop the lid and show the wiring of your batteries and/or show the voltage with a voltmeter.
Thank you @Diem Turner .I appreciate it.🤟😁👍

Adding to @Diem Turner 's comments there is a regulated RC speed run organization called ROSSA. They do their measurements with a specific set of speed traps that calculate the speed.
They are quite expensive and ROSSA only holds official events in Whales. Most of us in the US just run a GPS device. A few guys own traps, but never use them. You can run any GPS as long as you can verify its accuracy and shows valid data. We usually show that by pushing the car and showing the GPS picked up 1-2 mph and not 30 mph. Then zero it out and make the run, and show data after without cuts or edits in that part of the video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back