Limitless New World's fastest RC car 204 MPH - James McCoy (Now at 224 mph)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Out of all the people in the world working towards the goal, I am really happy it was James that earned this title. Nic Case set the old record of 202 MPH back in October 25th, 2014, at St. George Utah. Nic's car was a purpose built belt drive 12s car, but James used the 1/7 Limitless platform which requires much more power due to its size.

James finally did it with a Limitless!
204 MPH

Last edited:
I wonder what type of setup he has?
Noted a few of these are an educated guess:

• BSR tires
  • Scotched carbon chassis
  • XLX2
  • Limitless/Infraction V2 diffs (assuming)
  • Scortched driveshafts (guessing)
  • SMC Lipos (guessing)
  • Onxy RC custom motor 1/5 scale size.
  • Perfect Pass carbon center drive shafts

Wonder why he didn't break the record with the Hobao ?

He said after running the limitless he was so excited his blood pressure was too high to try running another car.

Last edited:

• BSR tires
  • XLX2
  • SMC Lipos (guessing)

He said after running the limitless he was so excited his blood pressure was too high to try running another car.
At the end when he’s checking the second GPS you could see the adrenaline kicking big time. I was so happy for him because I know that feeling. Well, not 204 but a PB 🤣🤘🏻

Amazing job. I wanna see previous record holder modernize his streamliner with modern electronics and see what is possible these days.

Amazing!
Considering it was on a rough narrow country road..

If he had a proper airstrip to run on....
I can't wait to see..
That is not a rough country road by a long shot. I didn't see any giant pot holes or ruts. I would give my left nut for a road that smooth.

That is not a rough country road by a long shot. I didn't see any giant pot holes or ruts. I would give my left nut for a road that smooth.
You and me both, man. I live in New England, and those roads just simply don’t exist. Not only can you not find flat roads, but you can’t find straight roads either. If you got lucky enough to find one, it’s riddled with frost heaves, pot holes, and/or prior “fixes” that make it look like a patchwork quilt.

You and me both, man. I live in New England, and those roads just simply don’t exist. Not only can you not find flat roads, but you can’t find straight roads either. If you got lucky enough to find one, it’s riddled with frost heaves, pot holes, and/or prior “fixes” that make it look like a patchwork quilt.

North Texas where I live is about the same. Over the past 4-6 years I have looked at every road option and finally just gave up. My best road locally is only good for 90-120mph speeds so I play with 2s speed runs. I had even gone 1 hour north into Oklahoma to find a decent road.

My wife and I are looking at moving to Utah where much better roads exist. Soooo maybe in a year I can really get some more serious 8s speed runs going. Nic Case set his record in St. George Utah ;)

Last edited:

• BSR tires
  • XLX2
  • SMC Lipos (guessing)

Amazing! I figured it would be him or Raz very soon. I saw some video of Raz last week and it looked promising, but the cross winds were dangerous.

Adding a few things
  • Lots of testing and tuning
  • Lots of stick time
You can buy the parts and assemble the car, but it doesn't make it go fast without the right driver and right conditions.

BTW. This is what would happen if the car took out the ladder.

• BSR tires
  • XLX2
  • SMC Lipos (guessing)

I had seen somewhere posted that he may have been running dual motors. I also noticed when he would push the car to get the GPS to show its picking up that there was quite alot of gear noise so it seems very likely he had dual motors.

IF so it could be dual TP4080s, castle 1721s, castle 2080s, or dual 56series TP motors. Hard to say for sure.

Back