Limitless New World's fastest RC car 204 MPH - James McCoy (Now at 224 mph)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing! I figured it would be him or Raz very soon. I saw some video of Raz last week and it looked promising, but the cross winds were dangerous.
I’ve enjoyed watching Raz in his quest, but I was also happy that Mr. Mccoy did it first. Kind of rooting for the underdog? Raz quite obviously has very deep pockets, and James seems like the cool guy down the street who triumphs with perseverance and good instincts. And yes, I know both are heavily sponsored, relatively speaking. I also like the fact that Mccoy did it on a local two-lane and not a runway purchased for the pursuit in Israel. Not that I don’t wish I could buy my own runway for speed runs, because if I could, I would! So I ain’t judging, just saying…
I had seen somewhere posted that he may have been running dual motors. I also noticed when he would push the car to get the GPS to show its picking up that there was quite alot of gear noise so it seems very likely he had dual motors.

IF so it could be dual TP4080s, castle 1721s, castle 2080s, or dual 56series TP motors. Hard to say for sure.
I thought the same thing after the run when he rolled it to verify the second GPS. The gear noise was loud, a lot of moving parts there. 😊. But if he did it with dual motors he had the whole thing sorted pretty freaking well, right? Luck? Skill? Karma? I think a little bit of all three.

Out of all the people in the world working towards the goal, I am really happy it was James that earned this title. Nic Case set the old record of 202 MPH back in October 25th, 2014, at St. George Utah. Nic's car was a purpose built belt drive 12s car, but James used the 1/7 Limitless platform which requires much more power due to its size.

James finally did it with a Limitless!
204 MPH
you are allowed 1 free pass for a cuss word ! lol ,Nice job and God Bless Texas !!

That road is pretty narrow for that speed. :unsure: When I see how Raz uses the whole width of the runway at times....

That road is pretty narrow for that speed. :unsure: When I see how Raz uses the whole width of the runway at times....
I am restricted to about 7-8 foot of a single line on my road, 190+mph so far but you learn and adapt with what you have.
If I ran on a road like Raz has I’d still stay in the same part of the runway

Now at 224

Congrats to James!!!

Dude, that’s freaking awesome!!!! Love McCoy. Just a normal dude like us, albeit with better skills, going out and freaking killing it! Absolutely freaking fantastic. A new WR! Groovy baby, yeah! 🎉🎊🍾

Back