newb mistake but why so many different connections!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
I and my stepsons have a ARRMA Senton, ARRMA Kraton and a ARRMA Typhon. I have four of these batteries that we started with the Senton

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HP4MM4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spektrum Smart RC LiPo Battery Pack: 5000mAh 2S 7.4V 30C (RC3 connectors)​

Now I am in the situation of the Typhon having a different connector, the blue one. Now I understand it can take a 3s battery and I will get one once my wallet recovers a little bit. What are my best options? Are there adapters I could purchase to run the 2s batteries on the Typhon? I don't have the ability to Soder atm.

I and my stepsons have a ARRMA Senton, ARRMA Kraton and a ARRMA Typhon. I have four of these batteries that we started with the Senton

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HP4MM4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spektrum Smart RC LiPo Battery Pack: 5000mAh 2S 7.4V 30C (RC3 connectors)​

Now I am in the situation of the Typhon having a different connector, the blue one. Now I understand it can take a 3s battery and I will get one once my wallet recovers a little bit. What are my best options? Are there adapters I could purchase to run the 2s batteries on the Typhon? I don't have the ability to Soder atm.
Two options. If you are a confident with a soldering iron, you can change the connector of either the battery or the esc. Many of us choose the one connector we like, and make sure that all future buys get switched immediately. Option two is to purchase an adapter that connects your current battery one to the esc. similar to this. Lots of options and configurations for these types of connectors, available on Amazon or Ebay.
1617803086430.png

Easiest option for you would be to buy an EC3 to EC5 adapter or an IC3 to IC5 adapter. You don't need an adapter with the orange connectors since the ESC on the 3S Typhon doesn't have smart technology. But if you want to you can.

So I need an IC3 Battery to IC5 device adapter? Orange to blue?

Please add a couple of photos of the two connectors you are trying to unite.

Some orange and blue are compatible, orange are “smart” and blue aren’t. They also have male and female. Look inside of the plug and you’ll see what I’m talking about. But like notorious j said post some pics and we can help make sure you get the right stuff.

Thank you! Will do this when I get home from work!

Learning to solder properly would be a great asset , and you should be able to learn do it with the right equipment. I run XT90 connectors on everything so I don't have to worry about adapters or which battery belongs to which vehicle. When buying batteries , I don't care what connector is on them as they get replaced anyway.

The car is EC5

20210407_173214.jpg

20210407_173232.jpg

and yes I will be ordering a soldering kit just trying to get this a quick fix with an adapter. Got a car for his birthday and he wasnt able to drive but hey!

We are all learning

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back