Typhon Newbie burned out a stock spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter42

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Managed to burn out the stock spur gear of my Typhon. It gives me an opportunity to upgrade but I have no idea what I'm doing. Stock is 91t 48p....I think....right? What are the tooth options and what do they do torque/speed wise?

Well if that's what the typhon is then yes
There are many versions of a Typhon
  • Typhon Mega 4x4 (V1,2)
  • Typhon BLX 4x4 3S (V1,2,3)
  • Typhon BLX 4x4 6S (V1,2,3,4)
  • Typhon EXB (coming soon?)

There are many versions of a Typhon
  • Typhon Mega 4x4 (V1,2)
  • Typhon BLX 4x4 3S (V1,2,3)
  • Typhon BLX 4x4 6S (V1,2,3,4)
  • Typhon EXB (coming soon?)
I was asking because he has mentioned a 48P transmission. So he must have done the same conversion to brushless we did with our granite.

Like it came with a brushed motor?
Yes! Yes it did. I was bashing/jumping it yesterday and the plastic spur gear got stripped. Been trying to find a replacement that's also an upgrade (to metal) but I'm a little lost. Stock is 91tooth 48pitch, I've seen other tooth count/pitch spur gears but I don't know what they do for the car. Would I also need to replace the drive gear to mate with the other gear? Should I stick with the 91tooth gear just in metal

Yes! Yes it did. I was bashing/jumping it yesterday and the plastic spur gear got stripped. Been trying to find a replacement that's also an upgrade (to metal) but I'm a little lost. Stock is 91tooth 48pitch, I've seen other tooth count/pitch spur gears but I don't know what they do for the car. Would I also need to replace the drive gear to mate with the other gear? Should I stick with the 91tooth gear just in metal
Get the blx slipper clutch and a new pinion. The 32P gears are way tougher.

Try to get the whole slipper clutch assembled. It's multiple bags to build one yourself.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...ear-slipper-clutch-assembly-diff-57t-ar102668

This thing if you can find one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back