Senton Newbie help brushless upgrade!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroChaCho

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hello! I’m trying to help my brother in-law choose a brushless upgrade. I have not had much experience with 4x4 RCs. He has a SENTON mega 4x4. His son recently put a 5400kv brushless motor in his 4x4 stampede. He is thinking he wants to do the same, but my gut and experience tell me he should be sticking around a 2600kv motor or a 3800kv motor. He is mainly running 2s batteries on his brushed system. He wants his SENTON to be faster than his sons Stampede. I told him he needs to run 3s on a brushless setup. What is everyone’s opinion on brushless setups, kv ratings and gearing. Thank you for your help! Sorry for the long post!

TLDNR - brushless upgrade recommendations, kv ratings and gearing suggestions. Thanks!

Well his son sure as hell ain’t running 3S with that Stampede’s setup.

Is your friend willing to:
- swap front/rear input gears and differentials
- buy a 3S BLX fixed/adjustable motor assembly
- buy the 3S or 4S BLX slipper assembly, new pinion, and driveshaft?

It’s pretty simple (but relatively expensive) to properly retrofit a MEGA for 3S. Some people take shortcuts, some are lucky for a while. If you want my opinion I’d stick with 2S and run one of the higher rated Amazon ESC/motor combos from GoolRC/Jrelecs/etc around the $50 mark and call it a day.

Search the forum for opinions on kV, as this upgrade is done by many. If it were me I’d stick with something in the ~4000kV range, give or take, and have fun on 2S without massive upgrade expense.

Of course if cost doesn’t matter to him, then do all the upgrades I mentioned, get something like a Max10 SCT combo, and go nuts.

ECD6D548-AEC1-497A-988C-837B7317364D.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back