Granite Newbie here with new Arrma Granite 3S BLX. Some general ?'s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey Guys,

Glad to have this resource here. Picked up my Arrma Granite 3S BLX a couple days ago and have had some awesome runs with it, I did have to replace the spur gear and the slipper clutch so far. Found how to tighten the slipper clutch and all seems to be well there. Couple questions I've come across since I've had it taken apart.

1. I've replaced MOST bearings with rubber sealed bearings. I couldn't get the driveshaft off either diff to access those but have replace most other ones, slipper clutch bearings included.
-That won't be an issue right, having two different types of bearings? Everything is symmetrical in that sense but just want to make sure that won't cause any unnecessary resistance that might put strain somewhere else.
- Is it recommended to lube the bearings? I heard no because dirt is more apt to stick to them. If yes, what do you use to lube?

2. Whats up with these shocks, seem to be adjustable maybe with that little tab on the top, is that possible?

3. I've had both diffs apart, I took as much of the old grease out and applied the recommended red and tacky in there. My question is how much do you use? Obviously don't want to gunk it up too much but want proper lubrication. It seems to be fine for now, maybe ill check it after a couple runs and give you a picture.

4. Does anyone have the Integy Wheelie bar? Is it a little bit longer, this thing loves to pop the front end up and I think a longer wheel bar might help that.

5. General maintenance? I try to clean it after each run, removing parts is a pain in the but when everything is dirty, especially that pesky power module.

6. Any recommended upgrades for durability? Already plan on the RPM A Arms based on what I've seen here.

7. Any tuning setting you'd recommend, as far as ESC, Punch setting, Brake Strength.
I have already done the throttle point reset. We mainly bash but every now and again like to race around, were mainly in dirt,sand.

Thanks ?

I would reinforce the body. Plan to replace shocks or fill often. Replace pivot balls, bearings in the bell crank, spare axles. Keep an eye on the motor plate, I've read they can bend. Also an adjustable motor mount can help with mesh. I've been tempted to go with aluminum replacement parts (hubs) but after beating on this since I bought it in January the plastic parts hold up fairly well. It's a great truck, welcome & congrats!

My favorite tuning tip: Vent those dboots fortress tires. Especially if you are bashing through sand.
Wait, you’ve had the diffs off for service but can’t get the drive shaft off? Or you mean axles?
I think he removed the shock towers and pulled the diffs out. But couldn't separate the driveshafts from the diffs (and for that reason, could not open the diffs of course). I had the same issue in the beginning.
@ArrmaGraniteState603 you need to stick a long 2mm hex driver into the driveshafts to access the screw that connects them to the diff. Those bearings seized up pretty quickly for me, so definitely try to replace them as well. Different types of bearings won't be an issue.

Pop off the motor module after every run, take a toothbrush and clean all the dirt out of the gears. Check the bearings in there after every 4-5 runs.

Or don't run in dirt.

6. Any recommended upgrades for durability? Already plan on the RPM A Arms based on what I've seen here.

Local track has reopened and the patented brace seems to be one of the best add on (that we did) for chassis durability.
Power module micro vacuum after each session with a very little drop of premium lub.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    491.7 KB · Views: 76
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back