Kraton Newbie introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KratonRunner

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all! First, this forum is awesome and has helped me greatly get my Kraton 6S EBX roller up and running. It was a Christmas present from my wife as my 30 year old Futaba Stadium Racer had to be put to rest.
I am loving the Kraton 6S. I am using
BLX185 ESC, GoolRC 4076 2000KV 4P motor, Zoskay 35kg high Torque Coreless Moror Servo, and a Flysky FS GTC3 transmitter and receiver.

Getting use to the power/speed and the steering is difficult. I am having issues with steering at high speeds. I have a long driveway where I can let it rip for a good 50 meters. At slower speeds it does not drift. At full speed it drifts, and I can’t seem to correct it and not affect the slower speed. Normal?

Also, I am in the process of building a course in my front yard. There is a creek crossing that will be jumped over to get from one side to another. Already had to replace a waterproof ESC because I landed in the deep section of the creek. Whoops

Anywho, I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for the other posts and suggestions on builds and differences, or variety within the electronics and body parts.
Cheers!

4A64390F-CA8C-4713-956C-70B2E899E4A9.jpeg

8865A8D8-2FC6-4E31-BB27-A93BEE146E0C.jpeg

You can set Steering Exponential on your transmitter so that the steering response is slower at the first part of the steering wheel and gradually gets back to normal as you approach the end point of the steering wheel. This makes the steering less twitchy and allows the car to stay straighter. I had to do that on my Typhon 3s to do long, straight runs.

Hey all! First, this forum is awesome and has helped me greatly get my Kraton 6S EBX roller up and running. It was a Christmas present from my wife as my 30 year old Futaba Stadium Racer had to be put to rest.
I am loving the Kraton 6S. I am using
BLX185 ESC, GoolRC 4076 2000KV 4P motor, Zoskay 35kg high Torque Coreless Moror Servo, and a Flysky FS GTC3 transmitter and receiver.

Getting use to the power/speed and the steering is difficult. I am having issues with steering at high speeds. I have a long driveway where I can let it rip for a good 50 meters. At slower speeds it does not drift. At full speed it drifts, and I can’t seem to correct it and not affect the slower speed. Normal?

Also, I am in the process of building a course in my front yard. There is a creek crossing that will be jumped over to get from one side to another. Already had to replace a waterproof ESC because I landed in the deep section of the creek. Whoops

Anywho, I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for the other posts and suggestions on builds and differences, or variety within the electronics and body parts.
Cheers!

View attachment 199623

View attachment 199624
Its alot of trial and error somwtimes with these bashers/off-road rigs to stay straight. Tires ballooning. Camber and toe of all 4 tires etc. Keep messing around with it and you'll have it in no time flat 👍

Welcome to AF.
Takes a while to get used to the 6s power. You will be breaking stuff. Normal. Doesn't necessarily mean you need the expenisve upgrades as replacements. As you get better driving, parts will break less. Plastic OE parts are fine for now till you get the hang of it and understand your rig better. Takes much wheel time. Takes many hours of use to feel better connected with your rig.
I have 8 of those Zoskay 35 kg servos. They are fine. None have failed me in over 2 years. And all my Arrma 6s rigs. Listed under my Avavtar.
What BEC volts are you running this servo at? Are you using the stock 25 spline servo horn? The wrong length ( generic ones) will change the steering response somewhat.

You need to Power Steer your rig to get it to turn in many cases . And you need much space. No trees around you or you will break things.
If you drive with 4s lipos, (even just one 4s pack to have on hand) this will make it easier to drive and learn. I do this also for more confined areas. Handling will be more predicatable.
Wheel alignment is critcial. Out the box it is all whacked out. Make sure your Shock Droop settings are all good.
Diffs are properly filled and shimmed.. Out the box they usually are not. Just check them. Do this sooner than later.
Get a Temp Gun and monitor the ESC and Motor temps. Important.
Enjoy.
:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back