Senton Newbie Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hello friends!

I picked up a senton Mega as my first rtr RC this passed weekend. Had an absolute blast driving it around. What I didn't enjoy was 10min of driving and then 4hrs of charging.

I'm looking at improving this run time. Should I move into a 2S lipo? I understand higher mAh is going to give me better run time. What C rating is required for the stock motor?

Lastly, I'm building a kit as a slow project which I ordered a "Tazer 1/10 6-pole 3300Kv WP ESC/Motor Combo V2" for. The thought has crossed my mind to install this into my Senton. Would this combo be decent? And do I require the same lipo specs?

Congrats on the Senton Mega! and welcome to the Arrma family!

I think the stock Mega 4x4 needs 25c discharge. At least, that is what the Voltage line calls for. I don't see any reference to e minimum C rating in the 4x4 mega manual. Same battery would be fine for the Tazer combo too. However, I do notice a difference in puch with my higher 50c batteries over my 25c and 35c packs. FWIW...

A bit of battery charging info -

"1C" means one times the capacity, in amp hours. So for a 5000mah battery, 1c is 5 amps.

Batteries will have a charging C-rating, and a discharge C-rating. The 20C or 50C is discharge, often the charge is between 1c and 5c. Some packs go up to 10C, but this is uncommon.

If you charge a 1C - this means you set the charger amps to match the amp hours. Again, for a 5000mah battery, this is 5 amps. This will charge the battery in about an hour. If your charger and battery can go higher, a 2c charge rate will be 10 amps, and charge in about 30 minutes.

Also, Wattage. For 2s and 3s packs it will not be a big deal but if you get into 4s and 6s packs, the smaller 50w-100w chargers will be too weak. For a 5000mah pack, 5a charge rate, a 2s pack needs about 40w, a 3s needs 60w, a 4s will need 90w and a 6s will need 120w. So if you never plan on getting into the 1/8 scale cars, a 50w-80w charger will do fine. But if you are thinking a 6s Outcast may be in your future, go ahead and plan on getting a 200w or better charger.

Also, there are lots of chargers that can charge 2 or 4 batteries at once. Most of these are 50w, though. again, for 2s/3s they will be fine.

Congrats on the Senton Mega! and welcome to the Arrma family!

I think the stock Mega 4x4 needs 25c discharge. At least, that is what the Voltage line calls for. I don't see any reference to e minimum C rating in the 4x4 mega manual. Same battery would be fine for the Tazer combo too. However, I do notice a difference in puch with my higher 50c batteries over my 25c and 35c packs. FWIW...

A bit of battery charging info -

"1C" means one times the capacity, in amp hours. So for a 5000mah battery, 1c is 5 amps.

Batteries will have a charging C-rating, and a discharge C-rating. The 20C or 50C is discharge, often the charge is between 1c and 5c. Some packs go up to 10C, but this is uncommon.

If you charge a 1C - this means you set the charger amps to match the amp hours. Again, for a 5000mah battery, this is 5 amps. This will charge the battery in about an hour. If your charger and battery can go higher, a 2c charge rate will be 10 amps, and charge in about 30 minutes.

Also, Wattage. For 2s and 3s packs it will not be a big deal but if you get into 4s and 6s packs, the smaller 50w-100w chargers will be too weak. For a 5000mah pack, 5a charge rate, a 2s pack needs about 40w, a 3s needs 60w, a 4s will need 90w and a 6s will need 120w. So if you never plan on getting into the 1/8 scale cars, a 50w-80w charger will do fine. But if you are thinking a 6s Outcast may be in your future, go ahead and plan on getting a 200w or better charger.

Also, there are lots of chargers that can charge 2 or 4 batteries at once. Most of these are 50w, though. again, for 2s/3s they will be fine.

I've been watching Arrma's Youtube channel and I feel like a 6s is definitely in my future haha. Thanks for the insight! The LHS will be taking my money soon. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to put in the Tazer combo or not :cool:

Id put the brushless system in. You get better run time and performance increase. I run a 4300kv 60 amp combo it really added to the fun factor. On 2s its fun 3s is even funner.

Better performance and run time sounds awesome. Im going to pick up a couple 2s batteries tonight. Time to research how to install this motor/esc combo :D

I've had this truck for 4 days and already I'm looking at changing the motor, esc and battery haha. Upgrading sure seems like a slippery slope!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back