Notorious Newbie Question..... What to do about this big gap? I do not think it is supposed to be this way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I did some work on my truck and notice that the gaps in the front arms as shown below is pretty big on both sides. There may have been those plastic "C" washers in there before (LOL) and I do have some extras(?) But the gaps appears so large that it would take more than I have so.....

Are these big gaps normal?
Should there be a gap at all?
If not, what do I use as washers? (Can I use regular small ones?)

Arms.PNG

Thanks In advance.......Roy

And damn my friend for building me that jump ramp. LOL

Your supposed to have little plastic spacers there. 1 thick on one side and 2 thin on the other. Sometimes there is still some slop in there tho.

I think with the gap as big as it is, it would take more than that to even make it relatively tight. What can I improvise with at Ace hardware, small plastic washers?

I use small o-rings.
They crush slightly to help keep out junk and debris and are cheap as hell at any hardware or home improvement store.

I think with the gap as big as it is, it would take more than that to even make it relatively tight. What can I improvise with at Ace hardware, small plastic washers?
I have the same setup in my rig, you need one thick spacer on one side and one thick and one thin spacers on the other side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back