Newbie screw ups

Josh M

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Hello Ladies and gentlemen,

New to RC and I just tried to update the pinion gear on my Arrma Granite Mega. Went to a local Hobby shop where the gave me a whole slipper clutch assembly out of a Granite 3s. I thought "Cool, I am planning on going brushless in the near future any way!" I get home and start tearing into this Machine. I put the new slipper in and it is nothing like the one I have. I can not make the drive shaft fit! ( Please hold your laughter and finish reading, I get dumber.)

On top of this, they give me a new 15 tooth pinion with the proper pitch (.08). So in my infinite wisdom, I take apart the pinion gear without even checking if it is the right shaft size. It wasn't... so after all that work, I put everything back together the way it was, or at least I thought.

Here for the real stupidity....

So I then put my stock pinion back on, apparently, I did not put it all the way down on the shaft. This lead to burning a hole through my motor cover! So not only did I waste $61.00 on Parts I could not use, I also now need to buy a new motor cover as well!

I am an idiot! Any advice on the parts that I should be using? Now please point and laugh. I deserve it!
Image.jpeg

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, 3D printing fool
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Typhon 6s, Typhon 3s
So you need a brushless motor, ESC, and power module housing. If you don’t have the adjustable motor mount, grab that too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.