Senton Newbie: Senton 6S Lipo battery options 3S,4S,6S???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quickit

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
New to Lipo batteries so could really use some assistance. Got a new Senton 6S but since my son is new to the hobby and I'm just getting back into it after 15 years, I don't think it would be smart to go with a full 6S capacity battery as the speed will be too high starting off, especially for my 13 yrs old son. I see the specs say the Senton 6S can run 3s,4s and 6s lipo as long as the minimum spec is 35C 5000mAh. Does that mean I can start off with just one 3S or 4S battery to reduce speed? If I can run just one 3S battery than when we are ready I can add a second to equal the 6S max capacity? What battery(s) do you guys recommend? Sorry if this is a dumb newbie question. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 1222191153.jpg
    1222191153.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 203
Running a solo 3s is fine. So is running a solo 4s. If you want to run 6s though (with two 3s packs), you need two DEDICATED batteries that are ONLY ran together and NEVER apart. Technically you can run them apart, just make sure when you run one by itself, you gotta run the other by itself before you put them together again. There’s a lot of weird sciency stuff but I don’t wanna open that can of worms, just believe me, follow those rules. My advice would be to pick up two 3s packs for running together, and a 4s pack to run by itself for your kid. The truck is plenty durable and can survive crashing at top speed with a 4s lipo.

I'm new to this RC thing too. Welcome to another hobby to spend money on. Lol. l also bought 2la Senton 6S, actually two of them. One is used and modified. The other is new in box. Previous owner recommended a 4S battery till my son and I get use to them. What brand batteries do you guys recommend? What size fits in the Senton. The one battery in the modified has a 6S, it's a little long, battery box is cut open, but fits under the cover.

I want to keep the one stock and modified and experiment with the other. Any recommendations on upgrades.

Does that mean I can start off with just one 3S or 4S battery to reduce speed?

You can run with a single 2s battery in the Senton 6s. Will be slow.
We are using SMC battery (RC King) at the track and they are operating great.
Welcome here.
l also bought 2la Senton 6S, actually two of them. One is used and modified. . Any recommendations on upgrades.

2, really...? Well, you can swap a Senton to a Typhon 6s. I did it and I don't regret, especially for the track.
You can even keep the rear Senton 6s bumper to protect the Typhon wing.
Welcome here.

Attachments

• IMG_2475 (2).JPG
    IMG_2475 (2).JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Yep you can run whatever packs you want. I would recommend buying from your local hobby store (LHS) if you have one. Otherwise, it really depends on your location as shipping lipos is restricted in some areas.

I've been reading a lot about batteries and the C rating

This is a table for what the ESC pulls
BLX100 The 3s 100 Amps x 1.25 = 125
BLX120 The 4s 120 Amps x 1.25 = 150
BLX185 The 6s 150 Amps x 1.25 = 190

So in your case you need to be looking for a battery with a minimum of 45C and a minimum of 5000mHa to stay on the safe side. This is true for a 3s, a 4s and even a 6s battery
And that is MINIMUM so you can always go higher on the C rating and the mHa.
But a battery with 5000mAh and 45C
should be the most reliable and better for running smoothly without having to worry about any problems. Everything above both the values is also perfect.
And I am jealous of your son for having such a great dad ?
Furthermore I would recommend that you buy a 4s lipo and if you are ready to gear up the power buy 2 packs of 3s lipo's instead of just one 6s lipo battery.
This is cheaper and if one of the cells gets damaged along the way you only have to pay for one 3s battery for your replacement. And not a 6s battery that is as I mentioned before almost 3 times the price of a 3s battery.
I hope you have a great time with your ARRMA CAR And that you are happy with the information.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Macspacey OUT
PEACE!!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back