Newby Body Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Bear

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So the body on my Granite is getting beat to death in the rear which is common. I'd like to replace it with a Proline body but I can't find a good video about exactly how to do it. I read some stuff that says "fits right on no problem" and other stuff that says you need metal fabrication and an engineer, so I'm confused. If I could see a decent video that would be awesome
Thanks for your help

Hello!

I'm a relative noob too. Try to find something that fits a Traxxas Stampede. A stock Stampede body fits the Granite perfectly except for the body posts.

If you get something that's not specifically for a Granite or Stampede you might have to trim the body to make the wheel wells line up.

I definitely recommend you reenforce your new body. Popular methods are Gorilla Tape or Shoe Goo and drywall tape. I've found that the second method works well but it stripped all the paint from the body I painted. Fortunately I just wanted a pure black paint scheme so it was easy to repaint. I'll use Gorilla tape this time since it's black.

So, depending on whether you get an uncut, precut, painted or unpainted body, there will be different challenges. But if you get something made specifically for a Granite or Stampede you should be good for a basic fit.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks I tried to reinforce the stock body but the damage was already too heavy. For the new one I'll do it before I run it at all. Do you know if you have to raise or lower the body posts to make it work, or is it just a matter of drilling new holes for the different body post positions?

First tip is to make the holes for the body posts before you paint,cpaint from the inside and remove the protective film before applying stickers (I made the first and third mistakes with my first body I painted, lol)

I don't have a Granite, but I did some googling and found out most Stampede bodies will fit. If you've found a specific body you want, you could google that with a Granite. Probably you'll find if it fits and whether trimming is needed.

For example the first post I've found states that some trimming in the front was needed, and some adjustments to make the rear clips fit.

I found these posts:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-body-for-my-3s-granite-4x4.9144/

Thanks Dude Funny you should pick that link since it's exactly the body I want to put on my Granite. They make one out of black material that I was looking at. Sounds interesting. At least I wouldn't scrape the paint off of it. I live in the desert and it is basically like landing on cement when you go airborne. I've had it for two months and the rear of the body is trashed and the roof has some pretty good scratches. Tough place for an RC body. BTW your paint job looks great to me. I'd be really happy with that result.

Thanks Dude Funny you should pick that link since it's exactly the body I want to put on my Granite. They make one out of black material that I was looking at. Sounds interesting. At least I wouldn't scrape the paint off of it. I live in the desert and it is basically like landing on cement when you go airborne. I've had it for two months and the rear of the body is trashed and the roof has some pretty good scratches. Tough place for an RC body. BTW your paint job looks great to me. I'd be really happy with that result.
That paintjob's not mine, or did you mean some in my media items?
some of my attempts, still learning though...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/arrma-outcast-new-paintjob.7492/
full

full
full

that last one has been energystickerbombed because I messed up the body holes....twice! :banghead:

I thought the blue one was yours. My bad. Yours look even better though! Really nice job on those. Kudos. I'm going to remember that sticker bomb trick if I mess up the posts on this next one :).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back