Senton Newly installed dust cover on Senton 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blunt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I thought I'd share the install of my dust cover that I purchased for the Senton 4x4 3s. I found on here that there was a dust cover described on amazon for an erevo and a couple others that I cant remember at moment. There are a few reviews of this cover that say it fits the Kraton really well and some say it fits the Senton as well. I took a chance on it and ordered it. Arrived yesterday and we installed it tonight. My first thoughts of the quality is that it is quite good and exactly the same as the hot racing dust cover that I have on my slash 4x4 vxl. It's been going strong for two years now and zippers are still good. I prefer these covers over the dusty motors because they have a zipper on each side which allows you to fully pull the cover back. Dusty motors has one zipper up the middle and accessing the electronics etc is not as easy. Much prefer this style over the dusty motors and if it lasts the same as the hot racing one on my slash I'll be super happy. So as suggested on a few other posts, you will need to make a few modifications to your truck and to the cover. Two slots on each side will need to be cut to allow a spot for the nerf bars on each side. Depending on how you install the cover, it will be a bit too long at either the front or the back. I chose to install it with the top of the zippers at the front. This left me with a bit of over hang once installed. With a bit of investigation, I decided to trim the ends of the velcro to rout it around the steering arms. Afterwards once it was installed, the ends of the dust bag were sort of loose right above the steering arms because I had trimmed away the soft side of the velcro itself and there was nothing for the adhesive side of the velcro to grab. I decided to try some rare earth magnets to see how they would hold. They worked AWESOME to attach this area of the cover on each side. Time will tell if theyvstayvin place but I truly feel like they will as they're holding like heck. Due to the fact that the cover is a bit big, it leaves enough room to keep the front half of each dirt shield in place. I really liked this too as it keeps the dust cover held up higher near the esc fan and electronics and because of being able to keep the shields on, in was able to use the rare earth magnets. The velcro adhesive strip it comes with is the perfect width for the sidewall of the chassis and is of acceptable quality. None of them last forever and that's ok. I'll replace it with a much better 3m option when the comes. No biggie. I did install the cover a bit higher on the velcro so that I did not have to cut the notches for the nerf bars all the way through the stitching on the soft side of the velcro.

I still have to finish and seal up the ends I made cuts to with krazy glue along the cut edges to prevent fraying etc. But that will take minutes.

I spent quite a bit of time looking for a dust cover and truly believe that with a just a few mods to this one, its probably the best out there for this truck. Pics attached below.1 other thing I'd like to mention is that in the area where the battery velcro straps are should be left open (don't add adhesive velcro there). When the velcro battery strap is in place it actually serves as the velcro adhesive for the dust cover and the dust cover sticks right to it. Basically pull the strap down tight so the plastic clip wont allow the strap to travel any further. once it sits in place like that you can stick the dust cover down it and it should really move. it actually works out perfectly.

One more tip!!! DON"T REMOVE THE BATTERY STRAPS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE TRUCK! TOTAL PITA TO GET THEM BACK IN PLACE! Not the end of the world or anything but I innocently removed the straps to get them out of the way for the dust cover install and realized later I should'nt have done that!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GNPG9BV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 20200709_194835[1].jpg
    20200709_194835[1].jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 20200709_194823[1].jpg
    20200709_194823[1].jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200709_194454[1].jpg
    20200709_194454[1].jpg
    186 KB · Views: 244
  • 20200709_194449[1].jpg
    20200709_194449[1].jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 20200709_194345[1].jpg
    20200709_194345[1].jpg
    224 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200709_194336[1].jpg
    20200709_194336[1].jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 20200709_194328[1].jpg
    20200709_194328[1].jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 20200709_194307[1].jpg
    20200709_194307[1].jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 20200709_194253[1].jpg
    20200709_194253[1].jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 20200709_194243[1].jpg
    20200709_194243[1].jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 20200709_194220[1].jpg
    20200709_194220[1].jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 20200709_194151[1].jpg
    20200709_194151[1].jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Thanks for the write up and the pics. Amazon delivered my dust cover yesterday and I was planning to tackle fitting it this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks for the write up and the pics. Amazon delivered my dust cover yesterday and I was planning to tackle fitting it this evening or tomorrow.
any questions shoot them my way.

Have you noticed any increase in motor/esc temps with the dust cover installed?

I haven't noticed any temp increase issues so far - though I don't have a temp gun, so I can't be sure. No ESC/motor cut-outs.

Last edited:
Have you noticed any increase in motor/esc temps with the dust cover installed?
To be honest we haven't given it a good hard run since we I installed it. I can say that I have put a full 2s 5200mah through it with speed runs on our street. Thats 2s though. It was warm afterwards but not hot! I don't run 3s as I just find it's too fast to really be able to actually do anything legitimate with. Sure, it's awesome fast and all but on a track etc it's just too much. Also, with 2s it wont generate heat nearly as much and wontvbreak things the same either. For me 2s wins out for usability.

As for the material, it is very very breathable. If I literally cover the material over my entire mouth and breathe through it, I can not discern and difference or restriction. Can't say if it holds heat in or anything but I can confirm that it is really breathable. I think for me with 2s, it will be fine.

To be honest we haven't given it a good hard run since we I installed it. I can say that I have put a full 2s 5200mah through it with speed runs on our street. Thats 2s though. It was warm afterwards but not hot! I don't run 3s as I just find it's too fast to really be able to actually do anything legitimate with. Sure, it's awesome fast and all but on a track etc it's just too much. Also, with 2s it wont generate heat nearly as much and wontvbreak things the same either. For me 2s wins out for usability.

As for the material, it is very very breathable. If I literally cover the material over my entire mouth and breathe through it, I can not discern and difference or restriction. Can't say if it holds heat in or anything but I can confirm that it is really breathable. I think for me with 2s, it will be fine.
Thanks for the fast reply! I’m definitely going to check out buying one. I run my Granite on 3s and the amount of dirt and dust that kicks up into the chassis is insane. Hopefully my motor fan will keep the motor cool even with the dust cover and 3s.

Yea the corner gaurds is what I call them haa.. Trying to figure out how to keep them on there

I wanted to keep them inside.. But it was just impossible to get it to fit right.. Might be able to do some notching and tweeking and get them back on.. Wonder if I could cut a slit in the side where the bracket is mounted to the two screws and just notch out the front that snaps to the nerf bars??

Attachments

• 20200726_200323_HDR.jpg
    20200726_200323_HDR.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Did two screen installs from Blunt's amazon link and write up. Worked perfect. What helped me was Push those front zipper ends as far forward as possible. Just like the photos then cut the excess material out from the servo arm area last. (y)

Did two screen installs from Blunt's amazon link and write up. Worked perfect. What helped me was Push those front zipper ends as far forward as possible. Just like the photos then cut the excess material out from the servo arm area last. (y)

can you post a pic please? tia

The dust covers look exactly like senton prim above.

Used all of Blunts advice including the super Glue and magnets .75 inch diameter magnets from home depot work good and strong. don't know about Long term yet. They have adhesive backing. Photo attached.

maagnet.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back