Kraton NewSensei's Kraton 6s build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the EDF cooling overall is a win it sounds like? What about running one pointed at the motor instead of dedicated motor fans?
I'm mainly using the EDF to bring fresh air in. It helps without the motor fans but seems to be about a five degree(ish) difference when the fans are in there too. Think the main thing is the way the body seals there is very little air flow without something to force it in. I'm finding having all the fans really helps with battery, motor and esc temps ;)
Where ya been hiding? Missed ya bud. :)
Been stupid busy with work and family... trying to get back in habit to at least check once a day even when busy ;)

Been stupid busy with work and family... trying to get back in habit to at least check once a day even when busy
Cool, I understand stupid busy, it goes in spurts at my office, it's usually stupid or busy, I hate when it's both! ? hope thing settle down for you soon!

Finally made a box to hold the battery for the lights. Got some UV resin, styrofoam plate and glass fiber mesh. Was going to use standard resin but it says styrofoam's lunch. UV resin is softer but hard enough especially with the foam and glass. Just attached with some shoe goo, should hold well enough once it cures along with a velcro strap around the end and the curve of the plate edge it should hold...time will tell ;)

20201128_172041.jpg

20201128_163510.jpg

20201128_163453.jpg

Intreagued! (y) let us know how it holds up after a few bashes.
Surprisingly, it held up pretty well, I loaded it and went nuts, even bent the chassis but battery holder is still as crappy looking but strong as when I installed it...the extra air flow, bumpers, lights and now battery holder are working out so far.

Had to change the servo arm for steering as stock arm started getting stripped out, other than the slight bend in the chassis where you'd expect it and that servo arm I've not broken anything major on the Kraton yet... here is a vid of me bending the chassis LOL!

20201129_015204.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back