Fireteam Next Arrma: Fireteam or Outcast 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shancot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I currently have a Big Rock and a Talion EXB. My son mainly used the BR and I use the Talion. I am in the market for my next one. I am torn between the Outcast 4S (stunting and to add a 4S to the collection) and the Fireteam. My concern is the Fireteam may be too similar to the Talion. Anyone have both and can comment?

Get a fireteam… nothing at all like a talion.. plus you can get it on a HUGE discount right now.

You’ll thank me later..
The FT is the mojave with kraton arms. It will have some similarities, but will handle different. Normally I would say the 4s, but with the fireteam being on sale for $400, I would buy the fireteam.
The talion and fireteam in my opinion are absolutely nothing alike.

Again, this is my opinion.

All good feedback, a question I want to see answered since I have the FT (love) and just got a Talion from the forum here.

Hey all! I currently have a Big Rock and a Talion EXB. My son mainly used the BR and I use the Talion. I am in the market for my next one. I am torn between the Outcast 4S (stunting and to add a 4S to the collection) and the Fireteam. My concern is the Fireteam may be too similar to the Talion. Anyone have both and can comment?

Welcome. Would be happy to see you get an FT so we can have more FT users and feedback here (y). I like the guy below, 👇and it makes his deal to me look so bad, :LOL: although it wasn't.

If I didn’t already have one, and a spares bin that could probably complete another… I’d have bought one too. Almost did.. just for the Black body…

I love your old rig...but for $399 Wow! Just mad savings for anyone buying one. I still got a great deal, but at $400, amazing!

Not one of your options, but it appears you are wanting to lean into stunting. I don't own one, so someone please feel free to correct, but from the videos I have seen you won't be pulling any backflips with a Fireteam.

From my experiences (all V1) I am not a big fan of the 3S/4S platform. For me I would buy a 6s Outcast/Notorious from the Classified section. I have seen some great deals lately.

A pic for the comment I made about ground clearance, also way more than the Talion (which I have one and love it ) . I was against this truck in the beginning, not because of the little soldiers inside but the price. The sale is a no brainer for me , this is a lot of truck for $399 .

3388CA53-13BE-49C6-BCAE-5B0D0E4B2210.jpeg

I was against this truck in the beginning, not because of the little soldiers inside but the price. The sale is a no brainer for me , this is a lot of truck for $399 .
If the soldiers weren't there, the car would be cheaper. I think the platform is good. The handbrake is either love it or hate it. I don't really like the soldiers. They just don't have enough detail for me to like it. I do like guns. I think the car would have sold better if it didn't have the soldiers.

I don't own one, so someone please feel free to correct, but from the videos I have seen you won't be pulling any backflips with a Fireteam.

Correct...and why it appeals to me as STOCK not a flipper...love it as it is. Many will change it with tires, power, etc. What HH marketed it for right it is not made for backflips/

If the soldiers weren't there, the car would be cheaper. I think the platform is good. The handbrake is either love it or hate it. I don't really like the soldiers. They just don't have enough detail for me to like it. I do like guns. I think the car would have sold better if it didn't have the soldiers.

Totally agree with that. For those serious bashers on YT, the toy guns began to break or missing, and other parts to the soldiers. The body is strong, but the men figures IMHO will not last for serious bashing.

I do have a shelf body for the looks but for bashing...not the one with the figures.

Correct...and why it appeals to me as STOCK not a flipper...love it as it is. Many will change it with tires, power, etc. What HH marketed it for right it is not made for backflips/

Totally agree with that. For those serious bashers on YT, the toy guns began to break or missing, and other parts to the soldiers. The body is strong, but the men figures IMHO will not last for serious bashing.

I do have a shelf body for the looks but for bashing...not the one with the figures.

I heard m2c is coming out with some aluminum figurines, hopefully they will stand up to an extreme bashing.

Who is the intended new rig for ? You or your son ? When it is intended for your son both the Outcast 4S or the FT is a step up in performance. If it is for you then the 4S is a step down in my opinion, I think you will miss the power of your 6S Talion. If it is for you and you want a stunt truck you should consider a Notorios 6S. Otherwise I would get the FT.

Also battery wise having 3S and 6S rigs is more smart, you can run the 3S lipos in both. For the 4S line you need different batteries. And you will probably get more when riding together with your kid, so both of you get equal ride time.

I also bash together with my daughter, we started out on different rigs with different lipo cell count. She learned fast and now it is more fun when we have equal rigs.

FT has way Much more bang for the buck and at $400. Plus even more discount if you go to Tower Hobbies with the coupon.
Better than the 4s V2's.
FT even comes with an Alumium Center diff as standard. A first for the 6s line.
FT Only has the crappy SLT 3 radio that I'll toss. And I don't even care because I use my Upgrade radio's here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back