Typhon Next Arrma to add...???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Looking to add another Rig to the collection. I have a Kraton 6s and Granite v3 BLX... been looking to add something else.. shall I go buggy and get a typhon 3s or 6s? Or senton? Or maybe an axial crawler?? HELP!! Feed the addiction! Hahaha..

Some side notes... like the 1/10 size, my daughter is freaked out with the Kraton size. Haha.. but it’s not a must.. was close to buying a big rock but think it’s too similar to my other 2..

Please share experience now! Haha

I'd suggest the Typhon 6s it's really not much bigger than the 1/10. And it handles and drives wayyy different than the K6s or Granite I have all of them😉 here's my maiden run with the Typhon after putting 20k rear 500k center 50k front and think this was with a 18t pinion which was a bit steep but you'll get the gist of the difference in ride and handling👍

I'd suggest the Typhon 6s it's really not much bigger than the 1/10. And it handles and drives wayyy different than the K6s or Granite I have all of them😉 here's my maiden run with the Typhon after putting 20k rear 500k center 50k front and think this was with a 18t pinion which was a bit steep but you'll get the gist of the difference in ride and handling👍
Yeah that or the senton was my gut on something different.. leaning more towards typhon. But wanted real world experience n suggestions. Haha.

thank you 🙏🤙🏽

The Typhon is definitely a bada$$ rig! I like to that a tire change and it's an awesome street basher also. Senton/Mojave SCT is the only platform I don't have so can't give any feedback or experience on those but here's my collection 😍 Granite, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s, Limitless and the Tamiya TT01 Mustang
IMG_20210416_205055953.jpg

I enjoy the SCT and the Senton was my first basher and started Arrma trend, as you can see from the vehicles in my signature. Something not thought about with the SCT Senton and Mojave, has a body covering the tires... so the chassis gathers rocks, dirt, grass and anything else that you run over. They look really cool running fast and turning.

The Typhon’s have the opposite issue. The body is tight and keeps more stuff out, but the body is so tight that there isn’t much room for anything much. My servo arm wore the paint off the body in one pack and tucking in the extra plug for dual batteries without catching on any driveshafts is harder than expected.

Now there is another option with the Vortex...

Good luck with your decision!
Hurricane

I enjoy the SCT and the Senton was my first basher and started Arrma trend, as you can see from the vehicles in my signature. Something not thought about with the SCT Senton and Mojave, has a body covering the tires... so the chassis gathers rocks, dirt, grass and anything else that you run over. They look really cool running fast and turning.

The Typhon’s have the opposite issue. The body is tight and keeps more stuff out, but the body is so tight that there isn’t much room for anything much. My servo arm wore the paint off the body in one pack and tucking in the extra plug for dual batteries without catching on any driveshafts is harder than expected.

Now there is another option with the Vortex...

Good luck with your decision!
Hurricane
Haha, man oh man.. adding to my dilemma! Yes I heard that about the senton.

Haha, man oh man.. adding to my dilemma! Yes I heard that about the senton.
About a crawler, look at the TRX4 line. The best crawling ones are the least and most expensive. TRX Sport and TRX6. The best scale looks are in the middle of the line.

or for something completely different, look at an Infraction.
Hurricane

About a crawler, look at the TRX4 line. The best crawling ones are the least and most expensive. TRX Sport and TRX6. The best scale looks are in the middle of the line.

or for something completely different, look at an Infraction.
Hurricane
Appreciate the tip. Yeah was thinking TRX Sport. Just getting back into the rc world so trying to have fun and not break the bank. Haha

It seems like Arrma makes models very close to each other. The new Vortex looks like a Granite under the hood.
I have a Granite and want a 6s outcast. Is the Notorious the same. I don’t want to essentially buy nuance differences. Help. Noobie

It seems like Arrma makes models very close to each other. The new Vortex looks like a Granite under the hood.
I have a Granite and want a 6s outcast. Is the Notorious the same. I don’t want to essentially buy nuance differences. Help. Noobie
The 6S Outcast and Notorious are very similar but different bodies. When the V5 update came through the outcast wasn’t updated. There is expectation that they will update the Outcast this summer and there will be more than just the body to diffferintiate the outcast. I am not sure what changes will be made though... Currently the notorious is the V5 and the best choice at the time. The current outcast 6S is V4 if you can find one and has a lousy transmitter. Get an outcast body for the notorious if you want it that bad or wait for the summer.
Hurricane

Looks like you live in a bash site ha.

Yeah that or the senton was my gut on something different.. leaning more towards typhon. But wanted real world experience n suggestions. Haha.

thank you 🙏🤙🏽
The senton is a beast. I love mine I just got. I did a 6s conversion and it is gnarly! And a few other goodies. But honestly most the rigs are dang awesome as you well know. Just depends on what your feeling brother!
16186426537807644375499793562317.jpg

16186426952312333327224022981097.jpg

I have a Kraton EXB and a Typhon 6s and I find myself always reaching for the Typhon. They are both great, but the Typhon is more versatile in my opinion. I can thrash it around the yard for a bit, swap tires, then run it down the road and it handles both environments excellently.

Hey Ya'll
Does anyone know if you can put a different arrma body on a 3s Senton chassis? Maybe just by using the different model body mounts or something?? The reason I ask is I want to run some Pro line Trenchers on the Hot Racing 10mm offset 17mm hexes but the Senton body will shred these tires because of how the fenders sit over the wheels. I raised the stock body mounts with some creative fabrication but it looks ridiculous and probably won't last. Any input is appreciated!
Thanks

20210418_162308.jpg

20210418_162337.jpg

20210418_162350.jpg

Haha! Something that won't require a lot of modification and will maybe sit inside of the wheels so they don't come into contact with the body?

What do you want specifically? Speedier rig, a customizable rig. A rig that can takeout the house wall?
Haha, no more damage to my property. But honestly not huge on street rigs. So thinking a crawler, short track or buggy

If you have a track to run on, or a bashing area that is track-like (smooth dirt with jumps) they typhon is a blast. In grass and rough ground / construction lot bashing, it will leave you wanting. If you don't believe me, look at how many Typhons get wide mod + 2.8MT tires. With that extra $120 spent, you have a great basher.

Senton - SCTs tend to be love or hate. I love the way they look when they are hauling a$$ over semi-rough ground - the whole desert racer thing... But, they don't jump worth a darn, and with smaller tires than a 1/8 buggy, they have the same issue in grass and rougher ground. I have 3 SCT's, and the only one that gets run anymore is the one with 2.8MT tires and a VW Bug body (keeps junk out of the chassis)

BRCC could be a good vote, if you like your Granite. I have a Kraton and a Outcast. They have a lot in common, but they also drive different enough that I am glad to have both. BBRC & Granite should be the same. If you like the Granite, the BBRC will be a 'mini-Kraton" version of your Granite - smoother driving and jumping, not quite as wheelie happy, but still similar speed, toughness, and bash-ability. Only negative I hear on the BBRC is lots of people don't like the stock tires, so you may want to swap them for some Granite tires (I also like the Duratrax Lockups, and they come on a 14mm rim).

Also, Outcast/Nito - if you like your Kraton more than your Granite due to the size, maybe get a O6S/N6S. Everything you love about your K6S, but in a more nimble, somewhat hyper package...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back