Next Arrma ?

TYPHON V3 or SENTON 6S BLX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Man Slice

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Well, after months of stuffing small amounts of cash into my secrete Arrma stash, and convincing my wife I need another rig, she gave me the go ahead. I currently own the OG Outcast and Kraton V3.
I'm looking for something a little different. I have owned a buggy (Glamis Uno) before and enjoyed it..... so I thought the Typhon V3 would be nice. However, I've never owned a SCT, and the Senton 6S BLX looks like it can take an a$$ kicking. Very hard to make a decision, so I figured I would ask you fine people.
Any recommendations would be appreciated....

Last edited:
Already planning on my next Arrma being the Senton 6S (that and a Tekno MT410), but I don't have experience with either of your picks!

What didn't you like about it?

It's not the Senton per se as much as it is short course trucks in general. I don't care for the small tires and how low to the ground they are compared to the other trucks. I just don't find them nearly as fun.

I have to agree with olds. My next arrma is going to be the typhoon I have the outcast. I do like the kraton but it’s performance is very similar to the outcast

Mad man jostin is selling an typhoon brand new in box with a few upgraded parts. It’s listed in the classified section

Typhon!

I think with the SCTs, you either love the scale looks, or you hate the class. The Senton 6s and the Typhon are almost identical, but the Typhon will do everything just a bit better, because it does not have that huge body on it.

I have the Mega version of the Senton and pretty much hate it. So my vote is Typhon.
You probably already know but the Senton Mega really isn't a version of the true Senton. The only similarity between the two is that they both are short course trucks and have 2.2/3.0 rims and tires. The original Senton, the 6S BLX is based on the Typhon and is also a beast.

With that said, since he already has an Outcast and Kraton, my vote was for the Typhon. Like you, I don't care for the short course trucks but back when I got it, short course trucks were the thing to drive. I prefer my monster trucks but when I switch it up I will go for the Typhon over the Senton pretty much every time.

They are pretty different in size, and proline has basically no spares available ever. I'd go truggified Typhon if you want a 1/10 monster truck, and MT410 for 1/8 (despite the name it is Outcast sized)

What do you guys think is better proline mt 4x4 or Tekno MT410?

Ok did not realize that they were different scales.
It requires 1/8th scale electronics, but I believe it's quite a bit lighter than the outcast, so less weight to beat up the suspension. Unless I'm getting my trucks mixed up.

Nope, just rechecked. It's got a narrower chassis with everything really crammed into the center line. The rear center shaft is really short so the motor is close to the rear diff to give enough room for the esc/servo to fit in front of it, while still being a very narrow "core".

Very similar in length and width overall though:
maxresdefault.jpg

If you have the $, then honestly, it's probably the better truck of the two.

Back