Next Arrma ?

TYPHON V3 or SENTON 6S BLX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I knew that I would of went that root I’m about $1000 Into my outcast and still not done. That also includes $600 for the truck itself

If I knew that I would of went that root I’m about $1000 Into my outcast and still not done. That also includes $600 for the truck itself
I have the Arrma Typhon, Senton 6s and Kraton as well as the Tekno MT410 and SCT410. Stock vehicle for stock vehicle, yes, the Tekno is hands down the stronger vehicle. With the aftermarket support, the gap would probably go down, go away or go the other way. Don't get me wrong, I love all of them, but each brand comes with it's own pluses and minuses.

The Arrma's are easier to work on as they have quick access front and rear differential housings, and have a wider and, in my opinion for bashing/upgrading, a better laid out chassis with more room to work. I put my Arrma BLX 2050kv 4274 in my MT410 and without custom relocating the esc, that is pretty much the biggest motor you can get in there. I get that the Tekno's chassis is done for weight savings and balance and everything for racing though. Maybe I haven't looked enough as I have been with Arrma for 2+ years and I got my first Tekno this last spring, but I feel that the aftermarket support is better for the Arrma's with Markhor, Voltage Hobbies, Hot Racing and RPM making great upgrades for them. The only upgrades I know for Tekno is M2C as well as some of Tekno's own upgrade pieces.

On the other hand, the Tekno's part materials and quality are quite a bit better than Arrma's and pretty much every stock part on the Tekno is equal or stronger than Arrma's. Every metal piece is machined and I don't recall seeing a single stamped piece. Also, Tekno's come in kits and who doesn't love building their own machine?

Again, I love all of my Arrmas as well as my Teknos and wouldn't trade any of them for another vehicle. I just wanted to give you my honest opinion on them.

Thank you. I have to agree that arrmas are really easy to work on. I’m very happy with the performance of the arrmas. My next one is going to be the typhon

Thank you. I have to agree that arrmas are really easy to work on. I’m very happy with the performance of the arrmas. My next one is going to be the typhon
Personally, I don't find the outcast that easy to work on. Is it easier than replacing chassis rails in an LST or taking the transmission out of a savage, sure. But it's pretty cramped and annoying to have to take the entire center diff/motor out to replace a pinion without stripping the motor mount bolts. The fact that they use a plastic piece for the front of the center diff means it's only a matter of time before you strip it and have to buy a new part.

Taking the entire front end off so I could remove the front center diff cup was irritating as the steering post screws wouldn't come out. They caused the entire post to spin. I had to severely over tighten and hold the top screws to remove the bottom ones.

Just whining though... overall, it's not awful to work on. Just got annoyed with the removing the motor after having to replace the pinion 3 times in 3 days to try and gear it down enough to not overheat and to take the center out again to install the motor fan. Also to add to the annoyance, blowing the front diff even after shimming it properly while running 4S for about 15 packs worth.

Probably wouldn't be so bad, but with the humidity and heat, my arthritic hands hurt a lot the past few weeks and wrenching is unpleasant in general. lol!

I agree on the motor mount. Really wish they would have used the Team Durango sliding motor mount.

That diff access is hawt, though... LOL I just got my first Tekno, a used SCT410. I know I want to check the diffs out before my first run, but lawd, I am not looking forward to getting the diffs out.

I agree on the motor mount. Really wish they would have used the Team Durango sliding motor mount.

That diff access is hawt, though... LOL I just got my first Tekno, a used SCT410. I know I want to check the diffs out before my first run, but lawd, I am not looking forward to getting the diffs out.
The sliding mount probably would make it much less of a chore to change pinions, definitely to adjust mesh. Since it just has one bolt to move the motor in/out that's on the top of the mount vs the face of it. With the skirts on the outcast, would still have to take either the side plate off or the center assembly out to take the motor out completely. Still probably less of a pain to get the side skirt off than taking out the center diff. I may get the hot racing mount before I get overly annoyed with this thing. I didn't think I'd have to mess with the pinion so much. I don't have these over heating esc issues in my other two MT's. Changing the pinion on the ERBE and savage isn't fun either. You have to take the motor out, no other option. I've only had to change them once in a year though.

At least with the sliding mount in the outcast, changing pinions would be a lot less effort.

Yeah, I forgot about the motor mount. To me it isn't a huge deal as I don't really take the motor out or change pinions that much, and when I do I don't have a problem removing the center diff, but I can see how it would be an issue for some people.

When I got my MT410, I put it together and was kind of amazed that a race vehicle, where people are constantly tuning with diff fluids for different tracks and race conditions, did not have quick access diffs.

Back