Kraton Next RC car suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pechcic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

So currently I have a 1/8 Kraton 6s and I couldn't be happier with it, but also I'm looking forward to buying something new relatively soon. Question is I have no idea what would be an appropiate choice...

So that's why I'm asking You, the Community for help. I'm torn between going off-road and on-road. I fear that the experience of driving in case of choosing off-road vechicle will be very similar to the Kraton and I won't get much out of it. On the other hand, wear of on-road tires is not very encouraging..

What are Your suggestions/thoughts? Feel free to share what do You think.

And thanks for reading!

For on road i would say get a infraction/felony for off road i say get a mojave

6s Typhon. Nuff said!

I gear my buggy to run 4S with taller off-road tires and 6S with shorter on-road tires. The only thing I have to do is swap the tires. It’s a blast.

Typhon TLR or 6S would be good choices. Also worth checking Facebook marketplace IMO. Racers are always off-loading their old buggies and truggies. Tekno, Associated, TLR, etc.

I’ve scored a couple great deals that way and those are now my main bashers.

On the other hand, wear of on-road tires is not very encouraging..
The tire expense is the reason I would never get a Felony/Infraction. But there are 1/10 scale on road vehicles with really inexpensive tire replacements readily available on Amazon. (Traxxas 4tec, Kyosho Fazer MK2, Tamiya TT02, HPI RS4) They are not as fast as Arrma on-road brushless, but if you're looking for parking lot rippers, not necessarily top speed runners, they may be an option. I don't have one, but I'm waiting for this to come out to pull the trigger on a Kyosho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back