Kraton Nice scare on RTR first check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrwalte

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I almost learned the hard way why you need to get the wheels off the floor on a TX check. I had the Kraton on the garage floor and plugged it up to check TX and servo channels. I applied forward throttle and nothing happened. I tried reverse and it jerked forward. I noticed the throttle trim was off. I adjusted it the wrong way and all of a sudden it takes off in reverse and slams into my garage door and lost power. I hadn't secured the battery so the impact ejected it and it disconnected, thankfully.

I have a bent garage door panel but the kraton is ok :)

Got the wheels off the floor and found the throttle channel needed reversed and the trim adjusted. Way to go factory check.

It doesn't take a lot to learn some RC lessons the hard way. I built a 450 size heli a few years back and I was messing with Tx settings when I did something wrong and it went off like a bat out of hell. In my living room. With my kids present. Literally could have killed them. It bounced off the ceiling and thankfully crashed into my couch and subsequently striped the pinion gear. I still get down about that.

Side note: RC helis are scary. I'm glad I've found other segments of the hobby.

I started with helis and have a 700 Mostro nitro. I understand and respect them and never would have done what I did with this truck. I was complacent not realizing the power of this thing.

But it didn't survive long :) Second battery I hit a hidden tree stump at just the right spot between chassis and wheel to snap the shock and a frame. Now I understand why you want the front bumper.

hopefully ends up being a simple repair. I also ordered the T-Bone front bumper.

Attachments

• 20180221_111639.jpg
    20180221_111639.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back