Senton NiHM battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronCobraMCS

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Just ordered a Blx and unfortunately have to run NiHM for now for alot of reasons.One guy says it will melt the battery because it cant produce enough amps,one guy says just switch the ESC over. The truck specs say it takes them.So before I melt a battery in my new truck I need some info.The battery is 8.4,5100,7 cell.While I'm at it I'd really like to know how long I can run on 1 battery and what kind of speed I can expect. Thanks!

Hey bud. I’m the “second guy” from FB who said don’t forget to switch the ESC over. Also don’t forget to look into at least 2S LiPo which we also lightly discussed.

See. ? Have fun.

If you leave your ESC on LiPO mode, it won’t damage anything, but you won’t be able to use the entire capacity of your NiMH packs. The ESC will enter LVC mode when the voltage drops far enough. This is a necessary precaution for LiPO packs as the are damaged at low voltages.

You have to switch the esc to nihm mode first
That's what I've heard but it seems like it's set up for that first?And when I to lipo I have to switch...It just came yesterday but battery is in a different package.

Hey bud. I’m the “second guy” from FB who said don’t forget to switch the ESC over. Also don’t forget to look into at least 2S LiPo which we also lightly discussed.

See. ? Have fun.
If you don't mind messege me,I might need help.Im going 3s soon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back