NIMH voltage issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixxstrr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
So I'm pretty new at all this still, bought the Senton 4x4 brushed a few months ago which came with a nimh 2400 mah 8.4v battery and the wall trickle charger. So I bought another battery, at 5000 mah 8.4v one (gensacearespammers). The first few runs were great. Then I got a Radient Ascend charger from someone so started using that charger instead. In that one you choose nihm, and it's set to capacity mode so you enter how much mah max, and it charges quick. But now the 5000 one when I run it in my Senton it get's worse performance than my 2400. I saw this charger had a volt meter under the tools, and it's showing that my 2400 is outputing 9.1v but my 5000 one is only outputting 7.8v. (This is after just doing a few minutes of a test run with each out in the park). I also tried using the trickle charger after the quick charger to top them up. (Wall trickle charger that came with it has a light that turns from red to green when done, and says 0.7a output on the back). But that didn't seem to make any difference from the last run I did of a complete run. (I first noticed this on my last event at an indoor course where my 5000 seemed like it was performing poorly after a full charge on the quick charger). So any ideas? Maybe just a bad battery or something I'm doing wrong with charging? I've only run each battery about 4-5 charge cycles/runs total because like I said still new at this).

A few other options in the quick charger that I'm not sure if they have any effect, nimh charge mode is capacity but also has option for Current. And another option in there is nimh d-peak which is currently set at 07MV.

I think it might be one cell dead actually. Because there are 7 cells in each pack, and the one is running 9.1 and the other 7.8, which is exactly 1/7th lower. I ordered it a few months ago so Hobby Wholesale says no warranty. They said I can bring it in and they can see if they can revive it, but not sure. I wonder if gensacearespammers would warranty it directly?

Yep. Sounds like a dead cell. If it is still under warranty, I’d try to return it to the vendor or manufacturer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back