Granite No 18650 Li-Ion Batteries with new Granite Voltage??!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IowaBasher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I just bought two Granite Voltages in November. They each came with two 18650 cylindrical Li-Ion batteries and a charger for two 18650 batteries. The description on the ARRMA website, Hobby Horizion, and Amazon all touted that the Granite could be used with 2-6 18650 batteries, LiPo stick, or NiMH stick. Just now, while researching a low voltage cutoff (LVC) issue, I checked the ARRMA website, Amazon, and the manual on the ARRMA website and all reference to 18650 Li-Ion batteries has been removed. Anyone know what happened?

I just bought two Granite Voltages in November. They each came with two 18650 cylindrical Li-Ion batteries and a charger for two 18650 batteries. The description on the ARRMA website, Hobby Horizion, and Amazon all touted that the Granite could be used with 2-6 18650 batteries, LiPo stick, or NiMH stick. Just now, while researching a low voltage cutoff (LVC) issue, I checked the ARRMA website, Amazon, and the manual on the ARRMA website and all reference to 18650 Li-Ion batteries has been removed. Anyone know what happened?
I believe it is safe to assume they realized the Lithium Ion type batteries do not have the amperage output to cope with the demands. Under load the voltage is sagging very low and creating that LVC scenario. I had tried Li-Ion in a 1/14 scale RC with success, but didn't work so good for anything larger.

I believe it is safe to assume they realized the Lithium Ion type batteries do not have the amperage output to cope with the demands. Under load the voltage is sagging very low and creating that LVC scenario. I had tried Li-Ion in a 1/14 scale RC with success, but didn't work so good for anything larger.

Yeah, and they don't like brushless either... LOL Even my tiny 2040 size motor would trip LVC on a fully charged 2s 1800mah 18650 pack in a 1/16 SCT. Ease into 3/4 throttle, it would zoom, but ever time I would hit WOT, the LVC would trip.

I was told by Tower Hobbies you can still run the 18650s, the tray is still included in the new model (I’ve had both versions). They also changed from that red t-plug to the EC3 connector so it seems they did it to streamline compatibility across the line. ?‍♂️

The tray is the the same because it holds the battery or a lipo and they didnt want to make another part, the battery door doesn't have the metal contact connections to run the 18650s, not sure why they switched over but I can bet you it saved them money some how. Honestly didnt mind the 18650s for these vehicles they served their purpose if you left the truck stock and had a good run time with all 6 in it

Can verify that the new-version Granite Voltage does not have the li-ion contact boards on either side of the battery tray and ships with a EC-connector ni-mh battery. (Source - just bought two and was hoping to use the 18650's...)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back