No 3s in the UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't be any worse the the brake pads that the older Well Maintanance oil rigs ive worked on. (Coughing uncontrollably while 🚬) I mean im fine 🤣🤷
Don't they still use asbestos in brake pads?

Don't they still use asbestos in brake pads?

Yea I think so. Im just not stuck behind 2 big rotors with huge pads on them smoking like a freight train, esp in the summer time, anymore. The newer model oil rigs have a diff setup that way ur floor guys arent smoking brake pads half the year. 🤣And I just usually was on the older oil rigs. Sure the new pads have it also.

HardcoreRC are cool guys and I enjoy there channel but the whole R.E.A.C.H thing sounds like over regulated UK uncovering an issue that isn't really an issue.

Asbestos basically has to be ground up and inhaled in a fibrous form to be harmful. If it's part of a diff gasket the likelihood of it becoming fibrous is zero to none. Asbestos is bad but REACH
is doing a reach-around here when no one wants one.

Thankfully it's only the UK that is impacted by REACH and it's wondering hand 🤪
It's actually in Canada as well 👍

HardcoreRC are cool guys and I enjoy there channel but the whole R.E.A.C.H thing sounds like over regulated UK uncovering an issue

Thankfully it's only the UK that is impacted by REACH and it's wondering hand 🤪

While UK had it's own post Brexit management of REACH, it's an EU Directive that's been in place since 2007. So this issue might be being managed in the UK for now but if it's true, expect it to propagate across the EU (and beyond) as the authorities share 'market surveillance data' with each other.

The European regulation REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) prohibits the placing on the market of articles containing asbestos.

Implementing a recall is expensive, logistically difficult. To be effective it needs to be widely broadcast, with the use clear on the action to take.

I found this as an example
https://www.burley.com/ballz-qr-skewer-recall/

Having a bit of experience in this, and owning a 3s in the UK, I'd expect to be informed directly by my seller as well as a notice going on the arrma website and a press release sent to all RC news outlets. This isn't the case, yet at least. Seems odd only one outlet publishing the info at the moment.

My LHS now has no 3s in stock, release dates are between December through to late January '22...
I'm thinking that's not true, but they may have "suspended sales" until they get the full story..!!

My LHS now has no 3s in stock, release dates are between December through to late January '22...
I'm thinking that's not true, but they may have "suspended sales" until they get the full story..!!
A vendor recall would be much more likely than a user recall.

If authorities identify the issue they will be asked to look at the impact. I would suggest very few trucks will get returned by users unless there is an immediate replacement or repair plan (not giving mine up!) but stopping sale once they are aware is a sensible step so it's a lot of work for little result.
Lots of trucks will be already worked on, sold to someone else, diffs replaced, etc

Assuming it is the gasket, for example, it doesn't sound like a large health risk and no immediate risk of injury but the fact stands it's prohibited . Once someone is made aware of an issue they need to act. Next steps would be to fix the issue at source, obtain new gaskets and rework any stock in the supply chain so all new sales are good as a running change. That's quite different and a lot more manageable than a recall from the market.

Saying that - I'm going to check and top up my diffs this week!

Unfortunately if this is the case ARRMA's going to be needing to raise prices a lot higher than they did to just stay afloat. Going to be interesting to see what happens to the brand over the next few months but doesn't look very good.
How do you come to this conclusion

How do you come to this conclusion
Just the fact that Canada and the UK are now not going to be selling any of the most affordable Arrma rigs and best sellers for the company. I would guess that has to be a 15% loss in sales for Arrma at least. Definitely going to hurt the company as a whole just hopefully not too hard but like I said we'll see over the next few months and barring this isn't just internet rumor bullsh!t.

Just the fact that Canada and the UK are now not going to be selling any of the most affordable Arrma rigs and best sellers for the company. I would guess that has to be a 15% loss in sales for Arrma at least. Definitely going to hurt the company as a whole just hopefully not too hard but like I said we'll see over the next few months and barring this isn't just internet rumor bullsh!t.
Glad to see I'm not the only salty old fiddlesticker around here...
It's all political theater unless proven otherwise.

Glad to see I'm not the only salty old fiddlesticker around here...
It's all political theater unless proven otherwise.
It's probably is Chinese whispers making it worse than it could be. Certain you tuber's are prone to making false statements anyway it get's them what they want, veiws or attention.
It's probably the same old bunch doing what they do 👍

It's probably is Chinese whispers making it worse than it could be. Certain you tuber's are prone to making false statements anyway it get's them what they want, veiws or attention.
It's probably the same old bunch doing what they do 👍
Hopefully and also seems like a possible gimmick to get people to buy the rigs in fear of not being able to get them. Smart business gimmick if that is the case as you know people will rush to get one before they are no longer available to buy. I hope for ARRMA's sake it is just rumor as I said before loosing sales in those bigger countries would be a huge loss for ARRMA.

It's not just 3s and Axial seems to be included as well, horizon wont ship either brand to Canada anymore.
arrma.PNG

Granites were definitely in stock at both Modelsport and Wheelspin in the UK very recently because I've been eying them up. Now neither has a single Arrma 3S model in stock.

Like I said in the other post, I'm calling BS 💩😉🤣
There’s none for sale Modelsport , wheelspin , etc all pulled them off their websites , they’re not available to later in the year or early next year , something about not getting proper permission from another company to use a part ? Or mis labbelijg something like that anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back