Senton No experience senton project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel_weasel

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
So I have no real experience with RCs, I'm just starting. I just read today these diffs have fluid... so that will be coming soon. I'll keep updating this as I learn more and do more.

This is my Senton that I've been tearing up/ working on. I've went through 4 of the stock tires but they kept blowing up (or getting cut by the shell) idk. The new tires im running and highly recommend are from Jetkopower. They feel a lot more solid than the stock ones and they haven't gave me problems yet. Maybe it was the knuckles that were melted... I replaced them with the aluminum ones. I threw them away before I took a picture, before I found this forum to get advice from. I trimmed wheel wells back a bit with some normal scissors and a dremmel to clean it up and I've been working on separating wire from the sleeve to put around the wheel wells. I have surgical tubing but I think this will look better when done, and I might need to get a different shell soon. Recommendations are appreciated.

For my next problem can anyone look at this picture of my driveshaft and tell me if it's supposed to look melty on the end like that.

Thanks for reading and I will update periodically.

20230116_155811.jpg

20230116_155727.jpg

20230116_155717.jpg

20230116_155705.jpg

20230110_183516.jpg

Wheels are EX-tomahawks to be specific

Last edited:
If you do end up going with an aluminum shaft, I put this in my Senton. (y)
20230116_082541.jpg

Can I buy a metal chassis then?
No one makes a metal chassis for a Senton.
There are metal skid plates out there, but they're not going to prevent a metal A-arm from ripping your hinge pins out and destroying the chassis.
Spare plastic A-arms are a way cheaper option and are very quick and easy to swap out if you break one.
A full chassis swap is a pain in the rear.

No one makes a metal chassis for a Senton.
There are metal skid plates out there, but they're not going to prevent a metal A-arm from ripping your hinge pins out and destroying the chassis.
Spare plastic A-arms are a way cheaper option and are very quick and easy to swap out if you break one.
A full chassis swap is a pain in the rear.
Ah OK that makes sense. Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back