Senton No forwad or reverse senton 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance clower

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
No forward or reverse light on esc comes on when i pull the throttle. The ateering also works. Any help would be appreciated. Totally new to rc's.

Hi @Lance clower. Welcome to the forum. Have you checked the two wires (red and black) from esc to the motor to confirm good connection? could also have a look at the motor end of the wires to see if there is a broken wire or something. Does the motor, wheels and driveline spin freely?

if above doesn't' help i would try opening the box under the esc (two hex screws) and check the esc wire/end to make sure getting good connection on receiver. could try adjusting the throttle trim on controller. hope this helps.

I did have this problem a while back. my ESC light was flashing 4 green lights on my Kraton, I took it to my local hobby store and they said that it was a programming issue. my warranty was out of date back then. I got a hobbywing ESC and never had a problem since.

If you follow Leyland's advice and still have the same problem, then try getting a new one under warranty, getting the same ESC or getting an aftermarket ESC.

Personally I wouldn’t spend my time to replace with another stock ESC. Seems they are very problematic esc in general. Replace it with a better one the first time and you will have long time fun with these trucks. I used a castle sidewinder SCT which is programmable and allows for brushed or future brushless upgrades. The higher end Arrma esc line also looks to be a quality product.

the Arrma ESC's look to be a quality product, but I have heard of too many issues with the ESC's that people have and almost all of them have upgraded to more powerful systems and lasted more than the Arrma ESC's.

20180120_182818.jpg

Thanks for the help. Got this today. Maybe i can install it.

sweet combo.

that is a really good system. the one I got was just the cheapest one that the hobby store had in stock. I am planning to get the senton and get another system for it. maybe the Max 8 combo.

Got it installed but it runs for about a second then cuts off and yellow and green light on esc blinks. Should probbaly take it to hobby strore. Let them fix it before i mess it up.

Got it installed but it runs for about a second then cuts off and yellow and green light on esc blinks. Should probbaly take it to hobby strore. Let them fix it before i mess it up.
Have you set up the esc using castle link? For castle products there is a cable and small connection device that connects your esc to a computer via USB. It’s about $20-30 but has nice features that can be changed on the esc. One time purchase for castlink and works for all their esc products. I think the program is free download from their website but needs the interface cable to work. Also check that you have followed the “Programming mode” set up so esc knows your transmitters setpoints. Page 21 in manual.

If you don’t want to use castle link the local hobby shop should be kind enough to set this up for free for you if you bought from them. Only takes about 5 minutes total.

I just got a hobbywing ESC and plugged it straight in and worked perfectly, I did make a few programming commands to suit my needs, but it delivers first class for an ESC at the price I got it.

I just got a hobbywing ESC and plugged it straight in and worked perfectly, I did make a few programming commands to suit my needs, but it delivers first class for an ESC at the price I got it.
thats great. i heard their products have greatly improved last year or two. i think there are defective products in every manufacturer, doesn't matter who, many are the same just a different sticker

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back