Kraton No full right turn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Servo saver arm is hitting into the bellcrank (I think those are the part names). Due to this, I only get half right turns. Any pointers?

99662DB9-A153-446B-8FC8-BED4F5C4EB16.jpeg

Servo saver arm is hitting into the bellcrank (I think those are the part names). Due to this, I only get half right turns. Any pointers?

View attachment 273232

I'm not the best at this...

I am sure you are using the right servo horn...hard to see?

When setting this up, did you install the servo horn with the trims on the radio at default and put the horn on at 90deg or best or close to 90deg?

Testing the servo, do you get an even swing L/R....I think it is 120deg. I could be wrong, but is it an even left and right turn before installing it or putting it on the bellhousing?

well the servo only turns so much, and if installing the arm on servo gear with wheels straight you first pwr it on so the servo centers, then u attach the arm with wheels straight.. unless u have shaved teeth on arm or the servo itself which could have happened and now your arm has re positioned itself....

photo of mine with wheels straight.

20230126_190158.jpg

Last edited:
Use the center hole on the servo horn for the linkage arm, not the one on the end. While its disconnected power up the servo and allow it to center. Turn the wheels straight and connect the servo horn. Set everything on your radio to center while powered off. Power it up and properly set your steering endpoints.
@SaltyLocal - is your servo installed backwards?
It could be, it’s hard to tell in that macro photo. Pan out a bit and take another pic.

Use the center hole on the servo horn for the linkage arm, not the one on the end. While its disconnected power up the servo and allow it to center. Turn the wheels straight and connect the servo horn. Set everything on your radio to center while powered off. Power it up and properly set your steering endpoints.

It could be, it’s hard to tell in that macro photo. Pan out a bit and take another pic.

Absolutely.👍.. in a perfect world for sure.. I will add we also have to ensure the tie rods (turn buckles) are set correctly to allow a 90* bellcrank, and 90* servo horn.. 🙏

OMG if it’s backward I’m selling the RC 😂

The servo arm is not mounted to the servo. I unmounted it to see what the servo saver was hitting.

Gotcha, if the servo is mounted correctly.. next step is to see if when your wheels are true straight if your saver/ bellcrank is 90*.. if not adjust the tie rods/ turnbuckles until it is 90*.. This will ensure a even swing of left and right..👍

Absolutely.👍.. in a perfect world for sure.. I will add we also have to ensure the tie rods (turn buckles) are set correctly to allow a 90* bellcrank, and 90* servo horn.. 🙏
I didn’t have this issue until I started turning them darn turnbuckles! My rear wheels were leaning out to much so I think I’m ok in the rear. However, I couldn’t figure out which way to turn the front turnbuckles. I just started guessing and eyeballing. Is there a magic way of getting the front wheels toe/camber set easily and accurately?

Pic of unmounted servo arm. Hope it’s better. The servo “teeth“/“knob” is closer to the center of the RC; not closer to the power button/passenger side.

C1BC5803-D389-42C5-9CBD-DD2E47D4CE83.jpeg

I didn’t have this issue until I started turning them darn turnbuckles! My rear wheels were leaning out to much so I think I’m ok in the rear. However, I couldn’t figure out which way to turn the front turnbuckles. I just started guessing and eyeballing. Is there a magic way of getting the front wheels toe/camber set easily and accurately?

Pic of unmounted servo arm. Hope it’s better. The servo “teeth“/“knob” is closer to the center of the RC; not closer to the power button/passenger side.

View attachment 273272

Ok yeah.. if the output spline of the servo is toward the center of the rc your good there..👍...

And yes.. start with camber.. center one wheel at a time so it's headed straight.. you can really use anything that is true vertical to the surface your working on ... (framing square, straight edge, heck even a soda can).. set your camber off of that vertical tool, both sides to your desired camber setting, (again, one side at a time)..

Then move on to your tie rods, set the bellcrank/saver at 90*..it can help to put the arm on the servo to keep that 90* bellcrank locked... Then work each tie rod in or out until you reach your desired toe (dead ahead 0* toe, or toe in/ toe out)..
I prefer 0* toe on my bashers..

It's important to start with your camber, otherwise it will throw off your toe in / toe out if you do it after...👌..

Hope this helps you..

Ok yeah.. if the output spline of the servo is toward the center of the rc your good there..👍...

And yes.. start with camber.. center one wheel at a time so it's headed straight.. you can really use anything that is true vertical to the surface your working on ... (framing square, straight edge, heck even a soda can).. set your camber off of that vertical tool, both sides to your desired camber setting, (again, one side at a time)..

Then move on to your tie rods, set the bellcrank/saver at 90*..it can help to put the arm on the servo to keep that 90* bellcrank locked... Then work each tie rod in or out until you reach your desired toe (dead ahead 0* toe, or toe in/ toe out)..
I prefer 0* toe on my bashers..

It's important to start with your camber, otherwise it will throw off your toe in / toe out if you do it after...👌..

Hope this helps you..
I’ll update once completed/attempted. Thank you, @Camaroboy383 💯 ➕1️⃣

Also too add to this the line on the turnbuckle indicates the left hand thread side. So if you are looking at the car from the front and both of the lines are on the driver's side like they should be then you would turn it counterclockwise to make them longer and clockwise to shorten them iirc.

View attachment 273232

What's that metal red collar your yellow arrow is pointing at? Shouldn't it be plastic clips there?

Also too add to this the line on the turnbuckle indicates the left hand thread side. So if you are looking at the car from the front and both of the lines are on the driver's side like they should be then you would turn it counterclockwise to make them longer and clockwise to shorten them iirc.
Thank you @slick2500 !

So the over or under camber/toe adjustments can cause the servo saver/arm to stop full right turn travel by hitting the center mount?
What's that metal red collar your yellow arrow is pointing at? Shouldn't it be plastic clips there?
It’s the HR servo saver. Or, are you referring to the EXB aluminum center mount? The servo saver arm is hitting the mount preventing full right turn. The servo arm can’t extend full travel right due to this.

Thank you @slick2500 !

So the over or under camber/toe adjustments can cause the servo saver/arm to stop full right turn travel by hitting the center mount?
Toe yes, camber no. Anyway, the front turnbuckle adjusts toe, has nothing to do with camber (mostly). You have to make left right the same length.

It’s the HR servo saver. Or, are you referring to the EXB aluminum center mount? The servo saver arm is hitting the mount preventing full right turn. The servo arm can’t extend full travel right due to this.

Oh sorry I was wondering why you don’t have the plastic clips on the upper arms. Looks like you have RPM arms, guess they’re thicker or something.

Toe yes, camber no. Anyway, the front turnbuckle adjusts toe, has nothing to do with camber (mostly). You have to make left right the same length.

Oh sorry I was wondering why you don’t have the plastic clips on the upper arms. Looks like you have RPM arms, guess they’re thicker or something.
Yeah the Rpm arms eliminate the clips.

Yes, the spacers wouldn’t fit with the thicker upper arms. Hopefully, that’s ok? I’ll tinker with the turnbuckles for the front toe this evening. Thank you @razorrc btw love your thorough vids on the Tube! 🙌🏽
Yeah the Rpm arms eliminate the clips.
Yea, I didn’t know that when I installed them and thought I received the wrong ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back