no good esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I thought that Arrmas esc's were fine, it seemed that their blx80 had no problems for most people, but the warrantied one keeps going into limp mode! (low voltage then slows down) Maybe someone can help me here find a good inexpensive 80a esc?(any brand)
@Steve didn't you find a really good dirt cheap esc? I don't remember the amps, but I would like to know if it is worth it and if it is reliable.

The hobbywing stuff is worth a look. Are you sure it is programmed correctly tho? If so, I would not leave Arrma alone on this. If anything, just stay at it until you get your hands on a good one and sell it to help offset the cost.

since im using nimh I did make sure it is on the nimh mode, Setting it was quite a hard battle, didn't work for a while, then it works, but everything I tried was low voltage, batteries 100% charged checked by 2 batteries

since im using NiMH I did make sure it is on the NiMH mode, Setting it was quite a hard battle, didn't work for a while, then it works, but everything I tried was low voltage, batteries 100% charged checked by 2 batteries

Do you set the LiPo mode with the 2 buttons and count red/blue flashes on that model?

counted by beeps and flashing leds. 1 beep for lipo, 2 beeps for nimh, 3 for no cutoff

Yeh Arrma needs program card or something. Setting my BLX was pretty tough counting beeps and light.... Lol.... I am goin to get the castle link for my castle 4pole I just got working on getting the maba max ro also

Oh and maybe if someone knows if the ESC is defective or something? It probably is, so I'll send it to them again.

I will call them today and tell them about my problem.. And for sure I want them to pay for the postage because it was just out of the box they sent me... Not sure if they would do it, but if they don't I'm not going to ask for another one or pay more shipping.

You paid shipping?!? Yikes man, don't take that from those guys. Unless your last name is Arrma, this is not your problem.

I paid to ship the package to them for the original ESC, but not this piece!

Oh and maybe if someone knows if the ESC is defective or something? It probably is, so I'll send it to them again.

Your still running NiMh's? Hard to think the ESC got toasted from a NiMh? I guess it could have, but the NiMh doesn't have the surge ability of the LiPo, NiMh is more even, stable supply of power.

When you do some reverse math @justatree , these 1/10 scale models, we have these puppies running at like what, 150 ro 300 MPH and we're bashing the hell out of them with tumbles, rolls, cartwheels, jackrabbit starts-stops and 10 story equivalent jumps. After all that, they gotta have some give and things just break.
In short, this isn't gardening and painting, this hobby has casualties and a pipeline of replacements is crucial to staying in the game.

I haven't really jumped it though lol the most extreme I have went was sand lol maybe raid but that should be fine haha, not sure why the electronics would all of a sudden die on me or receive a defective warrantied replacement.

I haven't really jumped it though lol the most extreme I have went was sand lol maybe raid but that should be fine haha, not sure why the electronics would all of a sudden die on me or receive a defective warrantied replacement.

That's the peculiarity of electronics Justin, they can go anytime and for seemingly no reason.
I had a GFI receptacle by the pool go bad. Thought I had a bad pool light, a $250 parts to R&R myself, $500 to hire out.
Long-story short; I put in 2 brand new - defective receptacles before the 3rd one was okay.
And diagnosing it was not the easiest of tasks.

opening this back up, the settings don't retain, the bad warrantied one has problems, made phone calls, indirectly was denied to warranty it :(

sent an email and hopefully they warranty it and pay for the dang shipping. grrrrrrrrr:mad:

opening this back up, the settings don't retain, the bad warrantied one has problems, made phone calls, indirectly was denied to warranty it :(

sent an email and hopefully they warranty it and pay for the dang shipping. grrrrrrrrr:mad:

Good luck Justin.
Most of all, keep your composure.
You definitely don't want to burn any bridges because you may have warranty issues on the Yeti, and like Arrma, Axial is also a Hobbico company.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back