No longer able to wheelie- Center Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andynero

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
HI Guys,

I have a question.
My nero is with diff brain and it's about a year old now. I'm not able to do a wheelie anymore on my nero.
Is there something that I can check to ensure everything is working right?
I did open the front and rear diff and regreased it. I've not gotten to the center diff as it seems bit more complicated than the front/rear diffs. Would regreasing do the trick in my nero to be able to do wheelies like it used to?

Thanks for your help!

HI Guys,

I have a question.
My nero is with diff brain and it's about a year old now. I'm not able to do a wheelie anymore on my nero.
Is there something that I can check to ensure everything is working right?
I did open the front and rear diff and regreased it. I've not gotten to the center diff as it seems bit more complicated than the front/rear diffs. Would regreasing do the trick in my nero to be able to do wheelies like it used to?

Thanks for your help!
Put lucas oil hd grease in it and make sure the diff brain is working and check the slipper clutch.

Put lucas oil hd grease in it and make sure the diff brain is working and check the slipper clutch.

Thank you for the reply.
I've got some trakpower grease- would this work?- also would the slipper clutch eventually loosen up over time, hence no longer able to wheelie?
i guess that could make sense.
I've checked that my diff brain is working by listening to the servos engaging in each location per the diff brain switch.

Do you also maintain the center diff?
The center diff is responsible for wheely mode. If it is not locked the front lifts up and the rear axle loose torque.
So you haven't enough force on the rear axle / wheels to make a wheely.
I think something happens with the mechanic of the locking system of the diff or the gear inside of the servo is broken.
To check that it is necessary to disassemble the diff.
To put thicker grease inside never will lock a diff, but it will change the differential ratio,

Ok maybe turn on wheelie mode and try rolling it on thee back wheels and see if it rolls the same(i think they should turn the same way) If they don't then its not engaging. And yes the slipper clutch lock nut can loosen over time. just tighten all the way and loosen a quarter or half turn. Use your manual for help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back