No luck ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle_buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So last week I decided I need a new truck as my old one had pretty much seen better days after a long run so i buy a notorius I haven't been able to drive it because I live in canada and we have had a pretty bad stretch of weather the last couple weeks so today I was going over my truck as I've been dying to take it out and haven't been able to I notice that I have a leak fml I'm broken before I've even had a chance to run it ????? sorry about the rant but man I feel better ......kinda

You should be pulling the center diff (and the front and rear) to check for needed shimming, change to rubber shielded bearings and to change the diff oil. I think the Notorious comes with 100k which is too light for that truck. So now is a good time to do all that and chances are it will fix the leak.

Attachments

• 20190214_140145.jpg
    20190214_140145.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 52
You should be pulling the center diff (and the front and rear) to check for needed shimming, change to rubber shielded bearings and to change the diff oil. I think the Notorious comes with 100k which is too light for that truck. So now is a good time to do all that and chances are it will fix the leak.
I know I needed to do all that stuff anyways but I wanted to drive it stock outta yhe box so at least I could have a point of reference for when I wanted to change all the oils and barings and upgrade some parts

I know I needed to do all that stuff anyways but I wanted to drive it stock outta yhe box so at least I could have a point of reference for when I wanted to change all the oils and barings and upgrade some parts

There are stories here of people getting trucks with little to no fluid in their diffs. If you have one of those trucks, you might cook a diff trying to establish your baseline. I don't think it's worth the risk, but it's your truck. Good luck.

There are stories here of people getting trucks with little to no fluid in their diffs. If you have one of those trucks, you might cook a diff trying to establish your baseline. I don't think it's worth the risk, but it's your truck. Good luck.
Its definitely not worth it I know that its just poopy same thing happened to me when i bought my traxxas right outta yhe box poopy servo and a lemon for a motor had to replace them all yeah they replaced them but its poopy when you spend 600 on a truck and before the wheel hit the ground you gotta replace parts I'm just pissed that's all lol

Its definitely not worth it I know that its just poopy same thing happened to me when i bought my traxxas right outta yhe box poopy servo and a lemon for a motor had to replace them all yeah they replaced them but its poopy when you spend 600 on a truck and before the wheel hit the ground you gotta replace parts I'm just pissed that's all lol

You might not need to replace anything. Could be the screws are just loose on the diff. Only one way to find out!?

I ordered a complete set of Losi gaskets and o rings, Losa3505, along with HR aluminum cups for the center difs. Hoping I get a better than factory seal. I've rebuilt all my difs, two sets, and they leak less, but I don't think they'll ever be perfect. Just gotta keep an eye on them.

So I looked over the truck and the center diff is leaking ?? so I returned the truck to where I bought it bought a pack of shims and now have to wait at least 2 weeks for my new truck to come it ?? I don't think I'm ever gonna drive this thing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back