Typhon No mo pillow ball issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Well...this should stop me from popping the pillow balls. I love the retainer setup on these.

20210711_163658.jpg
20210712_202945.jpg
20210712_202959.jpg
20210712_203424.jpg
20210712_203843.jpg

My new Kraton EXB is definitely one bad mofo...but this little stunt buggy is still just nuts to drive. Lol

The retainers are awesome. Drastically reduced cross threading and I don't forget to put the spacer in. I don't have pillow ball popping issues, but when I do I'll switch to HR steering blocks.

M2C needs to make some steering blocks, they'd be so shiny.

I'm about to buy them for my Mojave. What what was needed?

I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

The retainers are awesome. Drastically reduced cross threading and I don't forget to put the spacer in. I don't have pillow ball popping issues, but when I do I'll switch to HR steering blocks.

M2C needs to make some steering blocks, they'd be so shiny.
Vitavon makes some of these in silver and red and they're super shiny!!! Vitavon makes excellent parts BTW...a little on the pricey side but worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:
That part number is a replacement for stock Typhon hubs (AR330187). If you're running a truggified set up with Kraton hubs (AR330505), which i thought i saw you were in another thread, you should need Hot Racing part# AON21M01... how did you use those hubs with Kraton stub axles and hexes?
I know. The question I answered was someone asking for the parts for their Mojave. Those are not the ones I used.

I know. The question I answered was someone asking for the parts for their Mojave. Those are not the ones I used.
Saving someone a step?!? Don't see that much anymore unfortunately, there's hope for us yet👍glad i found your thread, ive been wondering if these are worth the money because they're already on the way

Saving someone a step?!? Don't see that much anymore unfortunately, there's hope for us yet👍glad i found your thread, ive been wondering if these are worth the money because they're already on the way
They are 100% worth it. Just due to the retainer alone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back