No movement unless diff is locked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bic1090

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Whats up all? Having a weird issue in that my Nero does not move with the diffs unlocked. I hit the throttle and it makes a noise and barely moves. I have to lock the center diff and it drives like it should, power and all. It also doesn't seem to be putting the power to the front wheels when all the diffs are locked. Any suggestions?

I would adjust your slipper first. if you need to lock center to get it to move then I would say your slipper nut came loose. it happens, tighten it according to the manual and maybe add some loctite.also check the pins for the center drive shaft going to front and the pins on the front axels if one is snapped it will put all power to the broken side unless it's locked then it will act funny when you hammer it cus only one tire will have any power to it...

Last edited:
I would adjust your slipper first. if you need to lock center to get it to move then I would say your slipper nut came loose. it happens, tighten it according to the manual and maybe add some loctite.also check the pins for the center drive shaft going to front and the pins on the front axels if one is snapped it will put all power to the broken side unless it's locked then it will act funny when you hammer it cus only one tire will have any power to it...

yep...I am willing to bet these are the sources of the problem. ..

Ok. I am about to tear into it and see. I will check the slipper clutch. I had it all apart yesterday as I was working on the center diff, but this problem was happening before I took it apart. I will keep this updated. Thanks all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back