Granite No Power on Granite Boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I am still very new to RC cars, so please bear with me on any explanations.

I bought my younger son a Granite 4x2 Boost. He's still learning to use them, so we keep it at the lowest power on the transmitter and either the battery that came with it or a Spektrum 2Sy. When we take our cars out, which is only a couple times a week for 1-2 hours, he drives it around our yard and driveway, occasionally doing what he calls "jumps", which is just him putting some cardboard down and driving it off of a little 3-4" ledge we have by the garden. Outside of some dirt, grass, and leaves that get inside, the car has by no means seen any proper "bashing". The other day, we noticed that the car's power was starting to get less and less. We thought it was just the battery getting low, so we swapped it for another, which did the same thing. We charged both batteries completely and tried again with the same results. The car had next to no power. I tested the batteries in other cars and they worked fine. The funny thing is that the steering on the Granite was completely unaffected and still had full steering control. Last night I went to look into it some more, and now the car will not drive at all, despite having seemingly no issues with the steering. I did notice that when I powered the car on, I couldn't hear the startup sounds that normally occur, but after a few power on and offs, I noticed that the car was in fact making the startup sounds, but they were so low sounding that you really need the car almost at your ear to hear it, and even then it was tough.

Is there something that could cause this? I don't really know where to begin. Could it be a bad motor, and could one really go bad after just under 2-ish months of light use?

If I had to guess I am willing to get that the brushed motor is bad.

Remove the motor from the car.

Connect the motor directly to the battery, if it doesn't spin or spins slowly the motor is cooked, very common for brushed motors in ready to run rc cars. They were never meant to be run in vehicles weighing that much with such large tires.

Thanks for the info! I took another look and the motor just doesn't move, so it seems it will need to be replaced. Are there better options I could buy to replace this? I would like something more durable, but also still not overly powerful (for now) for the little hands that will be using it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back