No power to one rear wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JpDrigg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I took the big rock out today on some d boots and I'm only getting power to one rear wheel in the front. One of the back wheels doesn't want to spin under power figuring it's something internal in the diff but I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen. I just finished putting hot racing differentials in and it's been working great the past couple days yesterday it started to torque steer pretty hard to one side then I sent it pretty hard off a jump and busted a front control arm so I didn't even really look at why it was doing that

I’d say it’s either the diff or a drive shaft. You’ll have to take a closer look and report back if you can’t figure it out. 👍

:unsure: say what now?
Must of smoked the composite input shaft!!

giphy (4).gif

So I took the big rock out today on some d boots and I'm only getting power to one rear wheel in the front. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen.
I suppose it's possible about 30 minutes after taking my edible each night.

Found it. Atleast it's something I have more of lol

20230319_174103.jpg

Planetary gears seem to be all right It was just the outdrives
Actually...it wiped out the bearing between the out drives😞...of course,I don't have one of those..
Must of smoked the composite input shaft!!

View attachment 286636
Those are all steel in mine now

Attachments

• 20230319_175005.jpg
    20230319_175005.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Now that you found what broke, ask yourself why. Just changing parts is 20% of the work.

I’m going to go with the quality of metal used to cast these gears. Maybe got a bad batch…?

Maybe took a landing with WOT?

Keep us posted.

Now the front one..I'm about to weld them together then to the ring gear🤣🤔

20230321_214632.jpg

20230321_214625.jpg

Welcome to the forum! And as others have said do not land a jump under power, it will do just what you’re experiencing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back